Thread: AC Freezer 64 Pro CPU cooler on MSI A75A-G35

AC Freezer 64 Pro CPU cooler on MSI A75A-G35

There is a problem with my MSI A75A-G35 motherboard. Currently I am using AC Freezes 64 Pro CPU cooler on this board which has 3pin plug. But the motherboard has 4pin CPU fan slot but luckily you can connect 3pin cooler. The bios setting will enable you to choose either 3pin or a 4pin fan connected.
    • First problem is during the boot up, the fan runs at maximum speed around 5 seconds and I have control it down. Is it possible to prevent this using BIOS setting?
    • The second problem in fan takes quite long time to start. Apparently 10 seconds between pressing the power button and the boot manager showing up and sometimes even much. Is it also due the incorrect BIOS setting?

Re: AC Freezer 64 Pro CPU cooler on MSI A75A-G35

As far as I know that the 3-Pin voltage control operates completely different than the 4-Pin-PWM-Control. . If you are using the 3-Pin, full voltage will be supplied to the fan when the system gets the power and the voltage amount may be 12V. I think that the system needs to get past the P.O.S.T. The CPU fan does not able to get into the voltage reduction setting.

What version of BIOS you are using?

I think that it depends on where it is attached. If it hits a splitter to the Molex connector or not. It sits on the CPU_FAN connector on the motherboard, and then you need Q-FAN switch in your BIOS (hardware monitor).

The BIOS performs the POST (Power-On Self Test, Automatic Test Power), a small test to check that everything is connected correctly and that there is no problem with the devices. If everything is correct, give way to load the operating system, otherwise it will show an error message or inform us of any ruling by a series of beeps or voice if our motherboard incorporates this functionality. The BIOS must be changed to correctly indicate how hard we have set the system time, To this end, incorporates a memory called CMOS that stores all data needed to boot the computer. This memory is continuously fed through a stack that incorporates the motherboard, because if the CMOS is erased every time you turned the computer, we should be constantly reconfiguring the BIOS.

CPU Fan -> 4Pin/3Pin depending on the connected fan
    CPU Smart Fan Target -> Enabled
    CPU Smart Fan Tolerance -> 50 C
    Min CPU Fan Speed -> 50%
    SYS Fan1 Control -> 50%

These settings test times, one probably. Then work your Control Center as well

The option "CPU Smart FAN Target" You can set a temperature threshold, turning up fully in the vicinity of the fan. The option "CPU Speed Min.FAN (%)" then the minimalistic fan speed. More fine-tuning is not possible because the BIOS control does not replace high-end fan controller.