Thread: Ethernet connection drops with MSI Z68A-GD65(G3)

Ethernet connection drops with MSI Z68A-GD65(G3)

Recently I have assembled computer with MSI Z68A-GD65(G3) motherboard , core i5 processor and 8GB RAM. Now after assembling the computer all the things worked properly except Ethernet. In my computer Ethernet connection drops randomly, I have tried to solve this problem by updating to latest BIOS but problem does not get solved.

Re: Ethernet connection drops with MSI Z68A-GD65(G3)

First thing I would like to ask you that have to cleared CMOS after updating the BIOS to 23.7? if you have not done then first I will suggest you to cleat the CMOS and then you whether it helps you to solve this problem or not? I hope after doing this your problem will get solved.

To clear the CMOS you have to follow this. You have to remove the power cord which enters in to the power supply, and then remove the CMOS battery for 30 seconds, and I will recommend you to press the power button for a few seconds to clear the accumulated current of capacitors on the motherboard. W can also use jumper. The jumper may have several names. It can be JP1, JP7, JP4, CLRRTC, CLR CMOS CLEAR, CLR \ CMOS, etc., This name depends on your motherboard. You have to Refer to your motherboard manual to see which jumper is you have to change. Before you cleer CMOS using jumper you have to unplug the power cord. Move pins for 10 seconds according to manual instruction. Then put the jumper in normal position, reconnect the power cord and turn on the computer.

I hope after doing that your problem might get solved.

In my case same problem was occurred and mu system was overcooked. Now after searching the solution on the internet I have come to know that problem is occurred because overclocking and then I have reset all the setting and then my problem get solved. you can also try this solution.

Hello friends I also have MSI Z68A-GD65(G3) motherboard ion my computer. I don’t know whether problem is with connection or setting but randomly my system looses internet connection and shows no internet access and after that I have to remove Ethernet cable and then connect it again. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem? I have contact to my ISP and they have said there is nothing wrong from their end. How to solve this problem?

You should try this steps to solve this problem.

• Open device manager.
    • Look for the network adapters.
    • Right click on that.
    • Uninstall it.
    • Now after doing that you have to restart computer
    • Now it detects new hardware and installs the drivers.

After doing that check whether it makes any difference or not?

Yes reinstalling the drivers will solve this problem. I was also facing the same problem and then I have uninstalled Ethernet driver and after reinstalling the Ethernet driver also my problem does not get solved. after that I have downloaded latest drivers from internet and then I have installed that in my PC. Now after installing the latest drivers in my PC when I restart my computer at that time I didn’t get any connection problem.

You should also try this solution and then let me know what the result is.

I did reinstalling process of the drivers but that does not make any difference. Updating the drivers does not make any difference also. Is there anything wrong with my Ethernet port? If anyone have solution then let me know. Thank you.

You have mentioned that after reinstalling and updating the drivers also you are facing this problem and that is why I would like to tell you that if you have any third party network interface card to check then connect it with your computer and then you have to check whether it makes any difference or not? if you don’t face any problem after connecting network interface card then it means problem is with your motherboard Ethernet port.

Yes I was going through from similar issue and then I have connected third party NIC with my computer and with that I didn’t face any problem and then I come to know that my Ethernet port is having problem and I have bought Intel NIC.