Thread: Cannot get video signal with MSI 760GM-P23

Cannot get video signal with MSI 760GM-P23

Recently I have assembled computer in which I have MSI 760GM-P23 motherboard and after putting all the things together when I start my computer at that time monitor doers not get video signal. I don’t know what is wrong with my computer. Please help me to solve this problem.

Re: Cannot get video signal with MSI 760GM-P23

I have read your problem and I would like to tell you that you should provide full information about your computer specification so that I can identify your problem and provide you correct solution. You have to also make sure that monitor is connected properly.

Here is my system specification.
    • MSI 760GM-P23 motherboard
    • AMD Athlon FX 4100 CPU
    • 4GB RAM
    • 500GB hard disk
    • ati radeon x1950 graphic card.
    • BIOS version H0

Please tell me what I should do to solve this problem.

There can be a many reason for this problem. you have mentioned that you have ati radeon x1950 graphic card and that is why I would like to tell you that if you have connected your monitor with your ati radeon x1950 graphic card then disconnect monitor from there and after that you have to connect it with motherboard and then start your computer and see whether it makes any difference or not. if after trying that also you face same problem then you have to disconnect all the hardware parts such as RAM .graphic card, hard drive and then you have to connect it everything firmly and securely in the slots. Many times due to loose connection also this type of problem occurs and that is why I am suggesting you this trick.

To use computer with AMD Athlon FX 4100 CPU need to have H2 BIOS and you have mentioned that in your computer you have BIOS H0 and that is why I would like to tell you that you should update BIOS and in your computer by putting supported CPU and after updating the BIUOS your problem will get solved.

If you want to download latest BIOS H2 for your MSI 760GM-P23 motherboard then you need to go to the official site of the MSI and after that you have to look for the MSI 760GM-P23 motherboard and click on download option and after that download latest BIOS from there.

Quote Originally Posted by raghini View Post
    If you want to download latest BIOS H2 for your MSI 760GM-P23 motherboard then you need to go to the official site of the MSI and after that you have to look for the MSI 760GM-P23 motherboard and click on download option and after that download latest BIOS from there.
    Thank you for your suggestion. I have updated the BIOS with H2 version after connecting supported CPU and then I have put my AMD Athlon FX 4100 CPU and when I start my computer at that time I get video signal. Now all the things are working like a charm. Now problem is when I connect any USB device with my computer at that time it get disconnected after some time. Is there anything wrong with my computer or problem is with the setting? I have windows 7 OS.

As far as I know this problem occurs because of the USB power option. To solve this problem you have to open USB power option and then you have to uncheck allow the computer to turn off this device to save power and then click on OK. You have to also go to the power management advance setting and after opening that you have to “set maximum performance” for the USB controller option and then click on Ok. Now after doing that your problem will get solved.

If you still get same problem after trying above solution then let me know.

Yes I agree with the above solution. I was also experiencing the same problem and after that I have come to know that i have to disable power option for the USB controller and then I have uncheck “uncheck allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” option from USB device power management tab and then my problem get solved.

If above solution does not work for you then you have to try to solve this problem by reinstalling the USB drivers because many times drivers can also cause this type of problem and if that does not help then you should contact MSI support.