Thread: Gigabytes claim to be the best in motherboard durability

Gigabytes claim to be the best in motherboard durability

Gigabytes claims to best in durability of its motherboard and gpu. I think there can be some truth in this. Is this true. I agree with the performance and features. I had used gigabyte boards many time. Talking about durability means the board is heatproof and will long last for many years. So this can be a good news for overclockers. But till yet I had not tested any series of gigabyte boards which can offer such durability. I advice someone to correct me on this. What does durability for a board means and which series of Gigabyte comes with this features. Does this is applicable to all boards or limited to some specific models only. Thanks in advance.

Re: Gigabytes claim to be the best in motherboard durability

We all know that Gigabyte is a leading company in motherboard manufacturing. What I know is Gigabyte has some 7 series motherboard. This series motherboard will come with Ultra Durable 4 technology. So if you can try reading more about Ultra Durable 4 technology then you can get the right answer for what you are looking for.

Durability means the more better in hardware. The chips and circuit are capable of holding more heat and give the best performance. It is simply a major improvement in the design and circuit. Everyday our system is commonly effected with humidity and moisture. This is the first thing that cause system failure in older boards. Also boards are effected with electro static charge and sometime power loss can cause burn. In that case 7 series board offer you higher durability. This type of boards can cope up with day to day power loss issues. Also the board works properly with high processing. Anyhow if you are overclocking or going to sli gpus it is required that the board which you are using should be enough strong to handle the operation. Look for the products in 7 series motherboard and just go through the specs.

GIGABYTE Ultra Durable 4 is new feature. It is a kind of new development done to new motherboards. It is for those who assemble system and needs a better protection. The technology tend to provide inbuilt features to protect the board from regular threats.

I can explain some of the features of this new durable technology. The one I know is called as 2x copper pcb. PCB stands for printed circuit board. This is the green board on which all chips are fitted. Gigabyte has used double the rate of copper than regular board to make it more stronger. This has lower the risk of high temperature, moisture, grounding issue, etc. Because of this the power used is also not spreaded on other circuit destroying sensitive chips. Better durability with heat lets your board to work properly even under harsh conditions. Under such feature it is possible to gain more clock frequency than on transitional motherboards.

One thing I had noticed that this new features offer you more resistance to humidity. This is one of the most common threat for a motherboard or any system. If you live in area of high moisture then slowly the humidity in the environment can cause electric shock inside the board. This can led to permanent failure. The better pcb offers low space between the fiber weavers makes the moisture difficult to settle down.

I do not think humidity can do such a great loss. Especially in new board. This can be a issue with older motherboard. Anyhow it is good to hear this. Protection from humidity increases the life of your motherboard. Another thing which is not mentioned is electrostatic protection. This offers your ic chip to get secure for esd. ESD resistance gives longer life to the chips. Ultra durability simply means the board is enough stronger to hold on long hours of regular work.