Thread: PWM water cooling project for intel Ivy bridge processor

PWM water cooling project for intel Ivy bridge processor

I am starting an innovative WC cooling project this is my foremost and was giving the impression of being for a sanity make sure on what I am endeavoring to achieve. I guess you might say the highlight of what I am doing is to have encompassed a full PWM controlled cooling explanation. The pedestal starting position is a Fatal1ty Z68 Professional Gen3 motherboard that with the intention of determines to be working with the innovative Ivy Bridge i7 3770k in a CoolerMaster Cosmos case. I am merely giving the impression of being at a single loop to cool the CPU at the moment. Need some help or suggestion on the above topic.

Re: PWM water cooling project for intel Ivy bridge processor

Socket one determine to be to drive the PWM indicator to the MCP35X pump and the socket two determine to be to drive the PWM signal to three PWM Thermalright TY-140 fans utilizing the Akasa FLEXA FP5 splitter. Both fans determine to be on the Rad in a push arrangement exhausting air commencing from side to side the rad and out the case and one determine to be a pure exhaust fan. I will leave my existing intake fan as is non PWM. The noise is a priority in excess of presentation so determine to not be maxing the OC on the CPU if it means a steep Dba increase commencing from the pump and Rad fans.

Has anybody had several experiences through the MCP35X yet. If so at low RPM how noisy is it. In addition does anybody utilize anti biological additives in the water. If so what do you utilize or is silver a superior method to go. The PT-Nuke is not obtainable in the UK. The table is a costing exercise as well and I guess I might approximately other than sometimes it is easier to maintain things together through one or two suppliers.

Why might you desire to speed control the pump. The majority superiority pumps are darn near silent at full rpm. As this determines to be my first WC rig I have no idea how loud or quiet pumps essentially are the alternative to utilize PWM to control the pump RPM and cooling requirements as dictated by the CPU heat output seems similar to a sensible alternative in theory.

I for one am a big fan of PWM control. If my pumps each make available out I determine to be purchasing Swiftech Dual Extreme Duty diminutive Form Factor 12 VDC Industrial PWM Pump for working with in series. The pumps determine to be controlled commencing from the CPU PWM fan header. I have encompassed the entire of the fans in my system controlled by PWM. I have encompassed 6 Noiseblocker NB-Multiframe M12-P 120mm 1000-2000 rpm fans on the 2 360mm RADs.

I feel affection for the PWM control for my fans. When the CPU heat goes up the fans ramp up, my computer is whisper quite beneath customary operation. The merely time my fans ramp up is under stress testing or important video encoding. I feel my system might be even quieter commencing from side to side a PWM pump. I say go the entire in on PWM.

The Rheosmart 6 or 3 is a enormous explanation if you are working with 3 pin fans other than the Thermalright TY-140 fans are 4 pin so I be able to daisy chain them unswervingly commencing from the PWM header in this case. They are one of the small number of top end fans that to facilitate come through a 4 pin correlation hence my solution choice. If I went 3 pin or merely had one PWM mobo header I might definitely choose your solution.

I have comprised the Swiftech H20-320 Edge which contains the MCP35X on their MCR Drive series rad. It is installed in an HAF932 commencing from side to side pump at the front, and is extremely noisy at complete tilt. In fact it be able to be heard in excess off the case fans at no matter what ~3000rpm and up. I run my fans at 5v and through my overclock and utilizing PWM preset Quiet the pump by no means goes on top of 1800rpm even completely loaded.

Most of them Overclockers in UK are happy to make available the resources of these discussions to dependable individuals exclusive of charge. They cost a substantial amount of money to preserve and utilize considerable amounts of bandwidth which is paid for completely by us. As you be familiar with OcUK are in the system hardware business and consequently the promotion of OcUK's competitors is forbidden.

To me it sounded like you had selected the parts previously which are why I did not actually comment on them. A number of the fans in my case are XLF series Xigmatek fans which be able to be controlled via PWM despite the fact that mine are controlled via voltage. They are extremely nice fans, through the superior flow/pressure numbers and are extremely durable due to the design they are in addition extremely quiet. The fan controller are you have encompassed is the most excellent plan of attack though.