Thread: PC with Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 shows NO SIGNAL, shutdown and reboot

PC with Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 shows NO SIGNAL, shutdown and reboot

Got a new brand new GIGABYTE GA-Z68AP-D3 motherboard and it has been working well from the past few weeks. Yesterday I put in sleep mode. After several hours, I tried to boot again but it didn’t. it was really weird. When I press the power button, the fans and LEDs power on for few seconds but then show NO SIGNAL and finally shutdown and reboot. It is happening over and over again. My system specs are as follows:
    • Core i5-2400,
    • GIGABYTE 6850 Fac.OC,
    • 4GB x2 G.Skill RIPJAW Series DDR3 1600MHz,
    • OCZ ZS Series 750W,
    • Corsair Force Series GT 90GGB

Tried few basic troubleshooting but nothing came up yet.

Re: PC with Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 shows NO SIGNAL, shutdown and reboot

Did you try removing the Graphics card and boot up with onboard graphics only?

I think that it could be the problem with Graphics card detection. If the system boots fine without Graphics card, then try to install it in different PCI slot. But before that do not forget to clear the CMOS once so that you can start every settings from the scratch.

Some of you may have experienced a double-post on your motherboard after switching the system from a cold start and then immediately reset the board before it actually shows POST and no display on the screen. I think that the BIOS has been outdated. If possible look for the latest BIOS version on support site.

I first self built PC with a Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 motherboard (F9 bios). However, the temperature readout values of the E8400 processor with CoreTemp or Speedfan are as following:
    • Core # 0 = varies between 25 and 30 degrees under load
    • Core # 1 = stays at 40 degrees and never changes

Do you think that my motherboard showing the faulty temperature or is it to the processor that the value is not changed? In the bios I only get to see the first value (around 25 degrees).

Quote Originally Posted by |Gyani| View Post
    Got a new brand new GIGABYTE GA-Z68AP-D3 motherboard and it has been working well from the past few weeks. Yesterday I put in sleep mode. After several hours, I tried to boot again but it didn’t. it was really weird. When I press the power button, the fans and LEDs power on for few seconds but then show NO SIGNAL and finally shutdown and reboot. It is happening over and over again. My system specs are as follows:
    • Core i5-2400,
    • GIGABYTE 6850 Fac.OC,
    • 4GB x2 G.Skill RIPJAW Series DDR3 1600MHz,
    • OCZ ZS Series 750W,
    • Corsair Force Series GT 90GGB

Tried few basic troubleshooting but nothing came up yet.
    How did you connect the monitor to the system?

Did you connect it directly to the Graphics card or the motherboard?

Try changing the connection and see what happens. Also try swapping the RAM sticks to different slot. Check all major connections if necessary.
    I first self built PC with a Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 motherboard (F9 bios). However, the temperature readout values of the E8400 processor with CoreTemp or Speedfan are as following:

Core # 0 = varies between 25 and 30 degrees under load
    Core # 1 = stays at 40 degrees and never changes

Do you think that my motherboard showing the faulty temperature or is it to the processor that the value is not changed? In the bios I only get to see the first value (around 25 degrees).
    There is no problem with the temperature. No matter what pc you use, you will always notice slight difference in BIOS temps reading and third party temp utilities.