Thread: GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5 C1 boot loop due to faulty BIOS

GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5 C1 boot loop due to faulty BIOS

I have been searching a lot about this but didn’t get help. So far I have altered many things in BIOS like bclk 133->134, multipliers etc but nothing. I rest the CMOS, I can boot properly and can go into BIOS but this happens only once but then after the restart again the same. The issue started when I overclocked the RAM. At first it was DDR3-1750 and running fine. Then I raised it to DDR3-1800. The system froze, rebooted and C1 boot loop. I cannot clear CMOS every time. What can I do now?

Re: GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5 C1 boot loop due to faulty BIOS

It could be that your HD (and or CD / DVD) the culprit. If there is a loose connection, couple it properly and see if you can see it in bios startup procedure. If there is error with checking status/connection in BIOS, it could be the issue with "bad blocks" in Disk.

The fact that possibly improperly attached cooler on the CPU. Also faulty or damaged individual components, such as the BIOS chip.

The next culprits may be the power supply to the motherboard or a serious defect in the motherboard itself. So check first the power connections to the backplane of the mains come. This is a double plug and is located in the vicinity of the slots.

You can still try: removing major cards and checking the loose connections (hard drive cable, PCI slots). If not, then see which jumper (pin connection) it must be used to reset the bios. Should a first time that you've used this board. So make sure that CMOS batter is charged up.

SDD / HDD does not seem to be the cause, problems remained after re-deconstruction on motherboard, CPU, RAM. Probably I will then have to contact the dealer, which I bought the motherboard.

You have said that all issues have started after overclocking the RAM. So there is no need to check other components now. Did you try downclocking it? If yes, still not able to solve the problem, then you probably ruined your RAM sticks. I would rather replace the Rams - if only because it is associated with far less effort than the complete case to take it apart.

When I got the same problem, I used the original Windows CD. Booted into it for the reason for complete installation. But before that I thought that going into repair option first but I didn’t help to solve the problem. For that reason I deleted the partition and then I have reinstalled windows. Now everything working fine as before.

I don’t want to re-install Windows. I will probably use CHKDSK C: / R command. It can force the disk to repair what is repairable (including the area or is booting) and avoid writing again in bad sectors on the disk. Once the disk is checked, if the boot was not recoverable and windows still will not start, you must actually can rework with the command: FIXBOOT.