Thread: Need help in Setting Up RAID 0 on a GIGABYTE GA 790 FXTA UD5 with SSD's

Need help in Setting Up RAID 0 on a GIGABYTE GA 790 FXTA UD5 with SSD's

I have been trying to Set Up RAID 0 on a GIGABYTE GA 790 FXTA UD5 with SSD's but then I have not yet got any success, so I just wanted to know if there is anyone who can help me out in setting it up with two Crucial M4 128GB SSD's, any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Re: Need help in Setting Up RAID 0 on a GIGABYTE GA 790 FXTA UD5 with SSD's

I have been trying to Set Up RAID 0 on a GIGABYTE GA 790 FXTA UD5 with SSD's but then I have not yet got any success, so I just wanted to know if there is anyone who can help me out in setting it up with two Crucial M4 128GB SSD's, any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.
    I just wanted to ask that are you having the manual for the motherboard if you have it then the process will get simpler for you as there is a detail information for the same, it will help you out setting up a RAID where as the BIOS section help you in finding out the required settings so as to set it for RAID Per controller ports, so just check out for the same and if at all you are not having it then you can get it from the below link.

I am having the manual and I had followed the same for the first time but then I doubt if the configuration was correct, I was willing to get new Intel MB so as to use a Highpoint 640 RAID card but then I don’t think that they are having TRIM support, so that is not the option for me, is there anything that I can do about the same???? Any further help for this will be highly appreciated.

In my case I am having a 640 and it works fin but then if you are willing to get Intel board then you will be getting blazing fast 6Gb/s speeds through the native Intel chip. I just want you to Post your current system speed with benchmarks like ATTO, CrystalDiskMark etc so I can have a better idea about your system and will try to help you further with it.

You can check out the ATTO benchmark below, the below one is AHCI configuration on port SATA2_0 on GA-790FXTA-UD5 for 1 Crucial M4 128GB SSD:

The read speed really looks good but then I think that there might be some glitch, anyways as you are having Crucial M4 just run AS SSD and the post the screen shot of the same here so I can check that out as well.

I have ran AS SSD and this is what I have got: