Thread: Camino 2.1.1 now optimized for Intel Core Duo Core 2 Duo processors

Camino 2.1.1 now optimized for Intel Core Duo Core 2 Duo processors

Hey friends as my title itself must have gave you an idea about the discussion I am going to have over here. Yeah, I recently came to know that Camino 2.1 b2 is now optimized for some of the processors. I am not sure with the processors but only confirmed one is Core 2 Duo Processor. Have a note that Nocona was actually used for the optimization flag. Anyways you people having any ideas or suggestion regarding this news? Heard that now this camino 2.1.1 is now only available from one location, is it true?

Re: Camino 2.1.1 now optimized for Intel Core Duo Core 2 Duo processors

Well I have the version 2.1rc2 which is easily available for the download from at least two locations, and I also got the application icons. For the application icons I went into ~Flarup's Camino Icons and took the purple icon. I am not sure whether it was safe for me to use those downloaded icons.

There were most of the people who were in need of direct download link for the Intel Core Duo optimized build of RC 3. Well for all those people I would like to tell that I think there is no such direct link that is available, in fact not even a link straight forward to the file itself. Actually the file hosting sites will somehow not allow the direct linking.

Let me tell you that I have a Core Duo System and for your kind information I have already tried and found that the built for Core 2 Duo actually works without any problem on this Core Duo System. His is not so surprising when I see that all the intel builds that I have used never been specified to any of the particular intel build which is required to run on the intel machine. It’s really very much interesting to know that the other builds are still working fine but anyhow I am very much sure and that some of the optimization in this build are not appropriate for the Core Duo.

I have recently switched over to Core duo Build and I must say that it’s the fastest optimized build of Camino till now came across. Not yet tried on my macbook pro.

But over to all this things I still have one doubt. The thing is that when I was using the build everything was working fine, but anyhow I noticed one thing that they never had the menu item called “Check for Updates”, actually that menu item was grayed out which was quite difficult. I also checked into about:config. It was using the same update url as the official camino builds. I just wanted to get a favor in getting the disabled behavior enabled in the custom builds.