Thread: Need help in Unlocking Phenom II x4 960T

Need help in Unlocking Phenom II x4 960T

I need some help regarding Unlocking Phenom II x4 960T, I mean that I want to know if it can be unlocked, I have found some saying that they have unlocked it but then they have faced stability issues and I don’t want to face the same, so is there anyone who has successfully unlocked it and got it stable thereafter as well?

re: Need help in Unlocking Phenom II x4 960T

I need some help regarding Unlocking Phenom II x4 960T, I mean that I want to know if it can be unlocked, I have found some saying that they have unlocked it but then they have faced stability issues and I don’t want to face the same, so is there anyone who has successfully unlocked it and got it stable thereafter as well?
    In that case you will have to run the ram at 1600, in my case I am having 990Xa-UD3 and it bios appears to be similar to that of mine, so in order to unlock it just go in to advanced tab of the motherboard and after that enable the “core unlocker”. It will be having auto and manual mode so you can use manual just as I had done and then reboot the machine and then go in to the bios and then turn on the extra cores and you are done, I will also like to add that the unlocked cores will be limiting your ability to overclock but then it depends on the chip, If you have both good cores then you won’t be having any issues.

Re: Need help in Unlocking Phenom II x4 960T

I have tried following you solution and have unlocked all the cores as well but then after the reboot when I checked it out then it was just showing cores, so just wanted to know, does that mean that the above solution has not worked out in my case??

I am not very sure about the application that is used in Linux in order to check out the no of cores that has been unlocked, so if the Linux is not able to recognize more cores then it seems that they might not be usable when unlocked in Linux.

I was having the same issue with windows where I was not able to unlock the additional cores and I used to get error messages saying that the “Core unlock failed” I doubted that the cores were good and it is just that it was not getting good. I had tried using drivers and removing cores by going in to the Device manager and so, I had also tried resetting the bios defaults but then these solutions had not helped, later I just formatted HD and then reinstalled windows and after that I was able to get all the six cores and they were utilized by the windows as well.