Thread: How to upgrade ASUS M5A88-V EVO BIOS using Windows 7 64bit

How to upgrade ASUS M5A88-V EVO BIOS using Windows 7 64bit

It seems to me that the BIOS upgrade for this motherboard is different in Win7 64bit than I do in DOS. I know how to do the upgrade in DOS but there is no longer an option available with Windows 7. Can anyone tell me how I can upgrade the BIOS here?

Re: How to upgrade ASUS M5A88-V EVO BIOS using Windows 7 64bit

You have different ways to update the BIOS on ASUS, the more I use them for believing it is safer EZ-FLASH.

Ez-Flash is a tool that is within the BIOS itself. To use this you only have to download the BIOS revision for your motherboard, uncompress it and put it on a flash drive formatted in FAT. Once you have it, you connect it to PC and restart. During the post, press the Delete key. To enter the BIOS. Once you are in, go to TOOLS, choose EZ-Flash and run it between the units to choose xxxxx.ROM file, you'll see the stick, just a matter of selecting the file, accept the flashing and wait for the PC restart or ask you to do so automatically.

You sure that have chosen right version of BIOS file for your motherboard? Ez-Flash is a very safe, I would say highly recommended.

You must be aware of some things, choose the right BIOS, put it on a flash drive formatted in FAT, folders do not work, has to be in the root directory.

I think that there are no other programs available in order to install or update the BIOS on Asus motherboard. No matter what operating system use, the BIOS update process is same for all. There might be several types of BIOS. Some of them are just CUI and some of them may be GUI. It is not about the operating system you have installed or running.

As far as I know that the current version of BIOS is 0801. I tried to upgrade the BIOS through the BIOS upgrade option but it showed me “No Update Module Found in the File". I am pretty sure that I am using the right file but I don’t know why I am not able to get to a DOS window. Is this the problem with Windows 7 installed?

The Asus offers a good utility called ASUS BIOS Updater. This update will help you to update the BIOS on motherboard using the DOS environment. You don’t need to worry about the BIOS update failure or corrupted files. This utility offers a way to copy the present BIOS file, so that you can use it as a backup. It will help you to recover the BIOS, if anything wrong happens during the update process.