Thread: System won't boot with ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 motherboard

System won't boot with ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 motherboard

Recently I have got a new Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 motherboard for my Intel i7 2600K processor. I connected everything on my computer and turned on the system. The computer boot about 30 seconds. After that it suddenly shuts off and now it won’t boot at all. If push the power button, the CPU_LED blinks once but nothing show up on the monitor.

So I again configured everything and reseated most of the peripherals but still the same. No boot. Do you have any suggestions over it?

Re: System won't boot with ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 motherboard

Try unplugging the computer and plug it directly into an outlet on the wall for a few minutes. Now try again to boot. I have heard that many users of this board have given the same problem. It sounds like a power problem. You said that the LED blinks only once. It may indicate that, PSU is not supplying enough power to the motherboard.

I am pretty sure that the issue is not about the PSU because I have connected the PSU in other computer and there it is working perfectly. I think that the issue lies either inside the CPU or motherboard. Can anyone tell me how to isolate this problem?

For information: when the system first boot up, it posted about 30 seconds and then shows some kind of warning about CPU temperature.

I think that it is the problem with memory controller is on the processor. Let's say the board is responsible for communicating with the memory slots and tracks it through the contact pins of the socket with the processor. This problem is more common than you want; try to find out what happens by removing the heatsink and the processor. Review the best possible state of the pins from the socket and see if any clues of the plate could be cut by a scratch.
    Besides the above, it is always useful to know if there are any BIOS to improve compatibility with memories though, if they work in two of the slots is rarer than the case of this.

Did you check the memory sticks and bars? Are they in the corresponding slots?
    You should also remove all unnecessary USB devices. The Asus boards like to have problems with some USB devices. Perhaps it is also about two problems. One is the hanging bios and other one is problems with Windows because it was not reinstalled. What will you do after such a change actually? You should properly install the drivers and also the OS.

Normally, the fact to insert a graphics card is sufficient to have an image on a screen connected to it. You do not need to make adjustments in the BIOS. More often than integrated graphics is automatically disabled. We must therefore consider that the CM or graphics card is defective. We must start by checking your connections. If everything looks good, try the CG on another pc if you function in an available or try another graphics card that runs on your pc.