Thread: "Code 12:" error while using video card with ASUS P8Z68-V PRO

"Code 12:" error while using video card with ASUS P8Z68-V PRO

I am facing problem while using EVGA Nvidia gtx 550 Ti graphic card with ASUS P8Z68-V PRO motherboard. I have connected EVGA Nvidia gtx 550 Ti graphic card with my computer but when I start my computer at that time my computer does not detect it. I have tried to solve this problem by removing graphic card from my computer and reseating it bit that does not help me to solve this problem. some times graphic card appears under display adapters and it shows “Code 12” in status. Please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

Re: "Code 12:" error while using video card with ASUS P8Z68-V PRO

After connecting graphic card in your computer have you set graphics to PCI setting? If you have not changed the setting from the BIOS in your computer then you have to first set graphics to PCI and then save that setting and after then when you start your computer at that time it will detect graphic card. Try this solution and then check whether it helps you or not?

I will suggest you to connect your EVGA Nvidia gtx 550 Ti graphic card with x8 PCI slot on your motherboard and after that you have to check whether it makes any difference or not? Many times by connecting graphic card with different PCI slot helps to solve this problem. in my computer I was also having similar issue and after that I have tried my graphic card with different PCI slot and after that I didn’t get any problem. I think you should also try this solution and then your problem might get solved.

Well according to me you should try your EVGA Nvidia gtx 550 Ti graphic card with different computer and then you have to make sure that it is working fine. If it gives you same problem with other computer then there is a possibility of having faulty graphic card. If problem does not appear then you there might be problem with your computer only.

I think you should unplug your monitor and then you have to connect it with the EVGA Nvidia gtx 550 Ti graphic card and then see what happens. When EVGA Nvidia gtx 550 Ti graphic card appears in the device manager at that time you should right click on that and update the drivers and then see whether it helps you or not.

I have changed the graphics setting to pci from BIOS but that does not make any difference. Now after that I have also tried to solve this problem by removing graphic card from my computer and then connecting it with other machine but after that also result was same. When I connect monitor with EVGA Nvidia gtx 550 Ti graphic card at that time I don’t get display.

What should I do to solve this problem?

you have mentioned that when you connect your graphic card with other machine at that time also you are facing same problem and that is why I would like to tell you that there is something wrong with your graphic card only and you should return back your card to retailer and tell your problem may be he will give you proper solution.