Thread: Hard disk not detected with ASUS P8P67

Hard disk not detected with ASUS P8P67

I have assembled computer in which I have ASUS P8P67 motherboard and Sandy bridge processor. My system was working fine but it has suddenly started giving me problem. Whenever I start my computer at that time it gives message “no hard disk detected”. I am using Marvel SATA Controller. What should I do to solve this problem?

Re: Hard disk not detected with ASUS P8P67

You have mentioned that in your computer you have Sandy bridge processor and that is why I would like to say you that you should try Intel SATA controller. I am telling you this because the processor which you are using has its own SATA controller and that. According to me you should you use Marvell controller for optical drive instead of using it for hard disk. You have to also try to solve this problem by removing all the connection from your hard disk and then connecting it back.

I hope this information will be helpful for you. If you need any more information regarding this then let me know.

Re: Hard disk not detected with ASUS P8P67

Well according to me you have should connect your hard disk with different computer and then check whether you are getting same problem or not. If you are not getting same problem then problem is with your system and if you get same problem with other computer also then problem is with the hard disk which you are using in your computer.