Thread: Jmicron e-sata does not work on Asus P8P67 Pro

Jmicron e-sata does not work on Asus P8P67 Pro

Hello friend, well the marvell e-sata ports which is there on the back of Asus P8P67 Pro is working fine, but the jmicron e-sata is not working. I have enabled everything in the BIOS and also download the latest drivers from the jmicron website. So is there any other method to work it out for this issue, so please help me. Thank you.

Re: Jmicron e-sata does not work on Asus P8P67 Pro

I do not know how come you are getting the marvell e-sata port working on that particular boards, whereas I am knowing that there is no marvell e-sata ports on the back of a Asus P8P67 Pro. Let me tell you that the JMicron JMB362 controller is there as 1 x eSATA 3 GB/s port(s) which is red and also 1 x Power eSATA 3 GB/s port(s) which is the green one.

Quote Originally Posted by GadhadharY View Post
    I do not know how come you are getting the marvell e-sata port working on that particular boards, whereas I am knowing that there is no marvell e-sata ports on the back of a Asus P8P67 Pro. Let me tell you that the JMicron JMB362 controller is there as 1 x eSATA 3 GB/s port(s) which is red and also 1 x Power eSATA 3 GB/s port(s) which is the green one.
    It is absolutely correct and if you wanted to know that method how the board is been setup then just look at the following points, which might be helpful for you to do the connection.
    • SATA III 6 GB - Navy Blue ports - Marvell controller
    • SATA III 6 GB - Grey Ports - Intel controller
    • SATA II 3Gb - Blue ports - Intel controller
    • eSATA 3Gb - JMicron (does not support ATAPI devices though)

Having the similar problem but I am have with Thermaltake BlacX Duet. Done the re-installation of the Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit couple of times and also re-install all the drivers which were there, then also nothing has worked for me. I was having the Thermaltake BlacX Duet on Asus P5B Board then after that it was working fine on it. Where the BIOS is able to detect it at the time of post when it is been plugged in the power eSATA when the system is been boot. The problem is that the Windows 7does not show the drive in the Windows Explorer but the HDD led remains switched on. I have also seen the cables, all seems to be plugged properly. So please help me.