Thread: AMD FX bulldozer on ASUS M4A89

AMD FX bulldozer on ASUS M4A89

Hello friends, I was thinking to upgrade my CPU to FX bulldozer, at present I am having the Athlon II X3 450. I was trying to search for the support for that then founded that it is in beta state. I was searching for the information for those who have tried to work it out this configuration, such that having the ASUS M4A89 motherboard and AMD FX bulldozer CPU. So can you please provide with the information then it will be helpful. Thank you.

Re: AMD FX bulldozer on ASUS M4A89

I am using the MAD FX-4100 4-core Bulldozer which is not able to boot on the M4A89GTD Pro/USB3 along with Beta BIOS 3027. I would suggest ASUS to remove this CPU from the supported CPU list for this particular board. What I feel is that beta support will not at all work. For the time been I have again install the Athlon II. If you will be installing the FX CPU then the board will not be able to reach the POST-ready-beep, and also clearing CMOS has not helped me even using the Mem-OK-automatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannai7 View Post
    I am using the MAD FX-4100 4-core Bulldozer which is not able to boot on the M4A89GTD Pro/USB3 along with Beta BIOS 3027. I would suggest ASUS to remove this CPU from the supported CPU list for this particular board. What I feel is that beta support will not at all work. For the time been I have again install the Athlon II. If you will be installing the FX CPU then the board will not be able to reach the POST-ready-beep, and also clearing CMOS has not helped me even using the Mem-OK-automatic.
    Thanks for the information, but did you have contact ASUS support for the problem or not? If you have done that then can you provide me some information that what should I do if I am also stuck in the same situation? Please tell me, it will really helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by oJAsVI View Post
    Thanks for the information, but did you have contact ASUS support for the problem or not? If you have done that then can you provide me some information that what should I do if I am also stuck in the same situation? Please tell me, it will really helpful.
    I have contacted the ASUS support but waiting for the reply, I have mail them. One more thing which I have founded that the Part # FD4100WMGUSBX is having the same stepping as of Part # FD4100WMW4KGU which is been list in the CPU-support-list of ASUS. It is there is below the boxed version and it is not a problem related to the stepping.

I am having FX-4100 processor on the M4A89GDT Board and all of them are running without any problem. When I was having the older board then I have to run with an old AM3 Chip for boot then flash the BIOS by booting from a USB Stick and flash. When I have done the BIOS update then board will boot and then it always reset to the default BIOSs values in BIOS, after that I changes the BIOS settings which I wanted to have it.