Thread: How to install Lucid Virtu on ASUS P8Z68-V PRO

How to install Lucid Virtu on ASUS P8Z68-V PRO

Hello friends, I have purchased the ASUS P8Z68-V PRO and also the GForce GTS 450 card with it. I was trying to install the lucid virtu virtualization software on it, but if there is no external video card then it tells me that it cannot be install as it needs external video card. I have installed the card and try it, but this time is saying that there is no Sandy Bridge. Wanted to know that what is the procedure to do it? Please help me. Thank you.

Re: How to install Lucid Virtu on ASUS P8Z68-V PRO

I believe that you are having the problem with the configuration specifically at BIOS level; I would suggest that you better try the following instructions about configuring the BIOS setup,
    • During system boot, press F2 during the time when prompted to enter BIOS setup menu.
    • Then under the Configuration select video, set the Integrated Graphics Device option to “Always Enable”
    • If you wanted to configure for i-Mode then you need to have additional change.
    • Then you go to Configuration, then to video and set the Primary Video Adaptor to “Int Graphics (IGD)”
    • Press F10 to save settings
    • Then press Y to exit

I believe that the Virtu Technology key is been missing from the bios when use latest drivers from lucid websites. When I am using it then everything is greyed out. According to the software it is the trial mode. I have setup the bios correctly, presently having the 0603 bios, and also it is not detecting usb keyboard for uefi bios. I am using the lucid 1.2.111. So please help me.

Quote Originally Posted by DexterO View Post
    I believe that the Virtu Technology key is been missing from the bios when use latest drivers from lucid websites. When I am using it then everything is greyed out. According to the software it is the trial mode. I have setup the bios correctly, presently having the 0603 bios, and also it is not detecting usb keyboard for uefi bios. I am using the lucid 1.2.111. So please help me.
    I would suggest that you better flash back to bios 0601 and also no more lucid stuck in the trial mode. Even try to update the latest version of lucid with bios 0601, and then it will work great. I have updated to bios 0604 and the system is running really great besides the lucid is back in trial mode again. So there is only one method to work it out is that need to go back to bios rev0601, then it will work. If you need additional information about Lucid Virtu then you can go to below link.

Lucid Virtu User Guide