Thread: ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP freeze while BIOS update

ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP freeze while BIOS update

I was trying to update BIOS of the ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP. I was making use of the EZ-flash and the USB drive. I found that during the update, it hanged and there was no further progress for minutes. None of the keys were working and so finally I restart the system and started with the update again. Now it is showing me the 'bad BIOS checksum' error. I can’t understand that what’s going wrong with this. Can somebody help with some input over here?

Re: ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP freeze while BIOS update

Are you renaming the ROM? If yes then you should not rename it. Other than this, I am having doubt that you are really using the P5K Deluxe Bios to flash.

What you can do is, just try to boot with the motherboard CD within the CD drive. Other than this, you can also place the latest BIOS in the CD and then put the name of the CD exactly the same as the BIOS ROM on the motherboard. I think that it must be as P5KD.ROM. Many of the times, it happens that if the BIOS is crashed then you will require to have the same version of the BIOS otherwise the BIOS with the earlier version.

If you see the motherboard then there is one thin sticker which is having barcode on it. Last four digits of the barcode is taken as the board's original BIOS. You will be able to download the version as of the ASUS download page. After downloading, just extract that and rename that as P5KD.ROM otherwise P5KDL.ROM. Save that to the USB memory stick or you can also burn them on the CD.

I have faced the same problem earlier but the problem was that after downloading the latest (non-Beta) BIOS, I loaded that directly to the FAT32 formatted USB drive. Then I extracted that file and used that and the problem gets resolved. Just check that if you are also having the same problem or not.