Thread: Cannot install driver for ASUS P8P67 Deluxe (Intel PROSet)

Cannot install driver for ASUS P8P67 Deluxe (Intel PROSet)

Hello friends, I was trying to update the Intel LAN Drivers to the newest version. I was doing this from the Asus official site. When I tried to run the install then instead of installing, it showed me the error message as version of Intel PROSet is not compatible to be used with the upgrades. Tried to do this again but again it comes up with the same message. Can you tell me that what can be the reason for this and how can I get this problem solved?

Re: Cannot install driver for ASUS P8P67 Deluxe (Intel PROSet)

There is one trick that you need to apply for this. Just uninstall the Intel PROSet from the computer and after that install the updates. Once you are done with the update then you can install the Intel PROSet again. So try with this and see if this helps you to get the problem solved or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Battista View Post
    There is one trick that you need to apply for this. Just uninstall the Intel PROSet from the computer and after that install the updates. Once you are done with the update then you can install the Intel PROSet again. So try with this and see if this helps you to get the problem solved or not.
    Hey, this was the thing that came in my mind first when it happens twice. I was looking for that in add remove programs but there was nothing like this. Please provide some alternate solution for this.

I have less idea for this problem but the latest version on the Intel website is 16.8. If you want then you can check this from here.

There is one alternate way to do this. For this, you can go to the Device manager and from there right click on the Network adapter. You will get one of the options as update. Select that option and see if it is getting updated or not. Other than this, you can also try by uninstalling and reinstalling the version 16.8 (if you have this). Please check the suggestions given over here.

There might be some problem with the registry and because of that you are facing the problems like this. If none of the solutions helps you then the better option for you is to make use of the Windows Repair CD. Run that on your computer and this will fix any problem with the registry and you will be out of the trouble after this.

You can make use of the revo uninstaller for removing the Intel Connection Manager. After removing that, you will be able to run the update and once the update is completed, install the Intel Connection Manager again.