Thread: ASrock 939dual sata 2 mobo- missing pin, could I replace it?

ASrock 939dual sata 2 mobo- missing pin, could I replace it?

ftp://174.142.97.10/manual/939Dual-SATA2.pdf

There's the link to the manual, it's right off the ASrock site.

It's the front panel audio header, (down a bit from page 17) a +5VA pin is missing. I received the motherboard as a refurb, I have absolutely no idea how the pin could have been torn off so I suppose it arrived as such. It's more of an experiment, I've no need to return it. Im running it out of a case, it works, boots up and such.

Could I possibly slip the same kind of pin from another motherboard into the empty socket of this one? It could make contact and act as a replacement to the pin that might have (or might not have...) been installed originally. (Or I'll just fry my motherboard )

Thanks in advance, any help appreciated, if worse comes to worst I'll be without an additional audio hookup is all.

btw im new here, so yay
    Last edited by shivanthing; 12-02-2012 at 10:53 AM.

Re: ASrock 939dual sata 2 mobo- missing pin, could I replace it?

Quote Originally Posted by shivanthing View Post
    ftp://174.142.97.10/manual/939Dual-SATA2.pdf

There's the link to the manual, it's right off the ASrock site.

It's the front panel audio header, (down a bit from page 17) a +5VA pin is missing. I received the motherboard as a refurb, I have absolutely no idea how the pin could have been torn off so I suppose it arrived as such. It's more of an experiment, I've no need to return it. Im running it out of a case, it works, boots up and such.

Could I possibly slip the same kind of pin from another motherboard into the empty socket of this one? It could make contact and act as a replacement to the pin that might have (or might not have...) been installed originally. (Or I'll just fry my motherboard )

Thanks in advance, any help appreciated, if worse comes to worst I'll be without an additional audio hookup is all.

btw im new here, so yay
    I am not sure but then i think that you can try that out as +5VA pin wont be specific to the motherboard, so you can probably get same pin from some other board and get it working