Thread: GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD7-B3 motherboard is a big failure

GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD7-B3 motherboard is a big failure

My systems specs are as follows:
    • Gigabyte Z68X-UD7-B3
    • Intel 2600K
    • Mushkin Ridgeline 996982 4gb
    • OCZ Vertex 2 SSD(120GB)
    • Enermax Galaxy DXX 1000w

Everything is installed with the latest firmware and drivers. However now from the past one week I am getting several issues one by one. If I list out it could be whole page and it is getting worse every week. First problem is with Latency accessing all disks, system freezing, support dual monitors, system lag, video games unplayable and more. It seems like this motherboard is a complete failure and full of issues.

Re: GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD7-B3 motherboard is a big failure

Have you run any kind of stability test on your system? I would suggest either try LinX or prime95. These programs will perform a good stability test on the system. If you are planning to use LinX, then make sure to set Maximum memory and for a total of 10-15 loops. However if you use prime95, then run the blend for 6-12hrs. Make sure that you have completed the test without getting any kind of errors. Set the prime95 to stop on errors so that you can identity what kind of error you are getting.

Running stability test is the good thing to know about the motherboard but make sure that you haven’t set the bios to AUTO voltages. To check the voltage, use Easy Tune 6. Use least voltage and maintain the stability if possible.

I am a not an expert but I had gone through several issues like this and my experience tells that either the CPU or the entire motherboard is faulty. These 2 things are major source of failure and stability problem.

It seems to me that you have installed lots of gear on your motherboard and due to this they system cannot able to take it on. There seems like lots of storage things like HDDs and SSDs installed on your computer along with other peripherals. You are saying that it has only 1000w PSU. I don’t think that it is enough to power up the entire gear.

You will need a very Good PSU for high output operation. As far as I know that most of hte psu run at 80% (or lower) than its maximum continuous rated power output. It is common for all PSUs. You will at least need 12000w PSU. I hope that your current power supply is still under warranty. Then contact Enermax tech support and they might help you to choose the right one.