Thread: Need help regarding Bios and RAM Settings for my newly build system

Need help regarding Bios and RAM Settings for my newly build system

Hello friends, wanted to have some help for doing the setting of the Bios and Ram for my new system, I have listed the specification of my system below and wanted you to help me. I have already downloaded the latest drivers of the motherboard and have copied to flash drive in FAT32 format. So please help me, Thank you.

Specification:

• Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R (REV 2.0)
    • Memory: G.SKILL PI Series 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) D F3-12800CL7T-6G***
    • CPU: Intel i7-950
    • SSD: Intel X25-M 80GB SATA2
    • HDD: SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3R HE103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM
    • GPU: SAPPHIRE 100314SR Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit
    • DVD: Samsung BlueRay SATA2
    • PSU: Corsair 650W

Re: Need help regarding Bios and RAM Settings for my newly build system

I will tell you to update the bios with the q-flash. It is only depend on which bios you are trying to update to particular q-flash. When you will be doing it then you might be getting error about bios size being 2048 kb where you might be having 1024 kb, you will be getting due to the GB added efi for the additional 3 TB HDD. Even you need to flash the bios, so you make sure that you have the latest bios. Even check the box for clear dmi pool. When you are done with it then you reboot bios and after that you choose load optimized to default by pressing key F10 to save and reboot renter bios make changes to only memory and if you are using the raid HDD or achi then press F10 save and reboot again. When windows is loaded then renter bios and make any further changes needed. When you are done with flashing new bios with @bios then you can continue to use q-flash as long as bios file size is still 2048 kb.

I have not done flashing BIOS and just trying not to that method if I do not need to. I am confused with the flashing BIOS and someone have told me that not to flash with @BIOS. So what to do and I are cautious about my system. So anyone has tried it and tell does it work or not.

If you are doing according to above user then you do not forgot to set to ahci mode in the bios before you install the windows on the system, as it is proper method to work it and also it is better to do it.

The best option is that you better update bios of your motherboard, then it will be solving the problem and you might do not have to worry about the thing. Even you can try the method which the above user have told you to do it, which will be the best it.