Thread: Vcore of Gigabyte-990FXA-UD5 giving wrong values

Vcore of Gigabyte-990FXA-UD5 giving wrong values

Hello everyone I am having this motherboard and I must say that vcore on this motherboard is very bad. If I check the stock vcore in M.I.B menu then it shows 1.30v. whereas on checking pc heath menu it is saying 1.344. on putting on load it is getting dropped to 1.280v. on my other motherboard I don’t get to see such kind of different values, that’s what I want to say here. I also want to know if the bios update can fix this issue or not? Tell me!

Re: Vcore of Gigabyte-990FXA-UD5 giving wrong values

Quote Originally Posted by $o$^ View Post
    Hello everyone I am having this motherboard and I must say that vcore on this motherboard is very bad. If I check the stock vcore in M.I.B menu then it shows 1.30v. whereas on checking pc heath menu it is saying 1.344. on putting on load it is getting dropped to 1.280v. on my other motherboard I don’t get to see such kind of different values, that’s what I want to say here. I also want to know if the bios update can fix this issue or not? Tell me!
    Yes definitely there is some issue with the bios here and so what I want to say is that just let me know which version of bios are you using? So that I get to know if you need to update the bios or not. So that’s what I am saying here. I am sure you should check this out and you will get all the necessary information, that’s what I want to say here.

Even I was facing with this similar issue some days back and all I did was called up the gigabyte support team and asked them for some help for which they replied that they are sending me a beta bios and they told me to check that out.

Well even that did not made me any difference at all. So that’s why I updated them that, it has not solved my problem yet but they haven’t replied to me anything else. So I am waiting to hear it from them.

Gigabyte have always included in their BIOS a little bit higher voltages than the one that we see on some other manufacturer's board. This is to make things as stable as possible for the end user without overly stressing the components. On personal front I have been a hardcore gigabyte lover so what I would say is that you cant blame the bios for that kind of problem. Yes the hardware has some issues and I would patiently wait for the issue to get solved(BIOS update) that’s what I can do and nothing else. In case if you want the issue to get solved faster then I would advise you to check out the following link if you need some quick response. Also there is a 3 years warranty for the board as well in which you can replace the board as well if you find it faulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Geniee View Post
    Gigabyte have always included in their BIOS a little bit higher voltages than the one that we see on some other manufacturer's board. This is to make things as stable as possible for the end user without overly stressing the components. On personal front I have been a hardcore gigabyte lover so what I would say is that you cant blame the bios for that kind of problem. Yes the hardware has some issues and I would patiently wait for the issue to get solved(BIOS update) that’s what I can do and nothing else. In case if you want the issue to get solved faster then I would advise you to check out the following link if you need some quick response. Also there is a 3 years warranty for the board as well in which you can replace the board as well if you find it faulty.
    Dude that’s what the shocking part is of the Gigabyte motherboards they are trying to cover up the issue by just topping the voltages in all their motherboards that wont solve the issue at all. That is really a bad patch that they have thought over here.

Normally the vcore shouldn't drop more than 0.001/0.003. in my case it is dropping from 1.46, then 1.44, then 1.47, it is never ever stable. All I got to hear from the Gigabyte people is that the boards are defective, can you all believe it? I have also searched many forums regarding this problem and their are many people whose problems are also not solved as well. Would so many people’s board have gone defective at one instance? I don’t think so.

I am going ahead and changing the board. Though I know that changing the boards is a very difficult as it takes several time for its setup but you know looking at such problems and also having a chat with the support staff did change my mind and now I am planning to go with the new motherboard that’s it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRuler View Post
    I am going ahead and changing the board. Though I know that changing the boards is a very difficult as it takes several time for its setup but you know looking at such problems and also having a chat with the support staff did change my mind and now I am planning to go with the new motherboard that’s it.
    Dude you could wait for the bios update even that could have fixed up the problem for sure, but if you have planned to go with the replacement of the board then all I can say is go ahead. There is nobody stopping you.