Thread: On ASUS P8Z68-v pro motherboard front audio jack is randomly disconnecting?

On ASUS P8Z68-v pro motherboard front audio jack is randomly disconnecting?

Hi, friends I have ASUS P8Z68-v pro motherboard and I have installed 2.65 Realtek audio drivers, in control panel there is randomly popup with an alert saying new device is connected. There is randomly disconnect and reconnect so I always have to close the control panel. This problem is due to front audio jack. If anyone haves the same problem or if anyone have better solution then please let me know.

Re: On ASUS P8Z68-v pro motherboard front audio jack is randomly disconnecting?

Yep, even I have same problem the audio drops every second as if the headset is plugged and unplugged every time. When I plug the headset in to the port but the cord gets in the way of my optical drive.

Your motherboard is all right the problem is with your Realtek panel, I think that you should switch to AC97 driver or you should disable the pop up option when some new device is connected or you can disable the front jack panel and this option is in Realtek setting. The difference between haudio microformats and ac97 is detection of the device when you plug your headset.

Quote Originally Posted by crook View Post
    Your motherboard is all right the problem is with your Realtek panel, I think that you should switch to AC97 driver or you should disable the pop up option when some new device is connected or you can disable the front jack panel and this option is in Realtek setting. The difference between haudio microformats and ac97 is detection of the device when you plug your headset.
    The problem is not with the detection of headset. It detects but gets disconnects and reconnect after every 1-2 seconds, also I can’t find the setting to disable the front jack, I have searched all over the Realtek control, please tell me where I can find this setting?

First you should check your cable secure from front panel to mb header then click on the yellow folder in Realtek. If your are using haudio you will get no sound in your headphone and if you are using ac97 then you will get sound saying disable front panel, this also depend on the version of driver that you installed. Then go to Realtek audio HD audio driver manager click on speaker the select connector settings, here you will get the option to disable the disable front driver as well as disable pop up dialog, when device has been plugged in.