Thread: Which config is better for ASUS P8Z68-V Pro GEN3 storage

Which config is better for ASUS P8Z68-V Pro GEN3 storage

I want to know which configuration among this is better for ASUS P8Z68-V Pro GEN3 board. I am planing to build up my own system. This is going to be used for photo editing and publishing work. So I might be using some tools like Coreldraw, any good video editor, etc. Also this workstation will be my default place to store all the lan data. So for better reliability I am bit confused to choose between SATA / SSD, etc. Many said me to go for SSD because it is compatible and more reliable. But I am not sure about the same. Because I am not able to find a good amount of storage space for this. And for SATA it is not recommended for long run. Do you agree for the same. Will adding both of them will be any additional support to me. I am quiet waiting for a good response here.

Re: Which config is better for ASUS P8Z68-V Pro GEN3 storage

This basically depends on your usage. It is correct that SSD drives provide you more reliability then SATA. There are many reasons for the same. But if you need high storage space lets assume above 1TB then this will be very costly for you.

Re: Which config is better for ASUS P8Z68-V Pro GEN3 storage

You can go for any. It is fine if you add both of them. Keep one for your data packup similar to a raid partition. SSD offers a better data rate and long life. Motherboards like ASUS P8Z68-V Pro GEN3 will benefit a better on SSD. They lack in space. Currently there is around 128GB SSD available and if you go to add a number of them, it will make your system budget higher. SATA drives have movable parts which makes it more fragile. So you must ensure that it should be dropped or kept at safe place with regular maintenance like defragmentation, etc.