Thread: Intel 3930k loses the USB Keyboard while booting

Intel 3930k loses the USB Keyboard while booting

Hi, i have EVGA x79FTW board with 16GB of corsair dominator ram and Intel i7 3930k processor. When i start the computer my system shows the USB keyboard but it loses it while trying to enter into the BIOS. I have to disconnect the hard drive and when i get the no hard dive error then i can go to the BIOS by pressing the F1 button. I have tried several keyboards but this happens with every keyboard. I have tried disconnecting all the peripherals and installing them again. If i try the prime 95 then it shows CPU temperature of 50 degree and motherboard gives the warning tone. I have tried changing all the parts of the system except the processor, is it like my processor is not supporting that keyboard. Please need your help!

Re: Intel 3930k loses the USB Keyboard while booting

The problem you are talking about doesn’t look related to processor but as you are describing that you have already changed all the hardware parts i will ask you to try using another processor for testing if it is really problem with your processor. If you notice the same problem again then please contact the Intel service for better help. You are also getting the warning tones at 50 degree of temperature , that makes sense for doubting your motherboard. As it may have bad sensor.

I have found the problem with my motherboard, i just tried to use another motherboard and i could use my USB keyboard on it successfully. As i bought the new ASUS RIVE motherboard and replaced with my old EVGA x79FTW board and for my shock keyboard started working again. I have confirm this by rebooting into the BIOS several times and it has solve my problem. I was using the virtual machine on my previous motherboard which i am not able to use now with my new motherboard.

I was planning to buy Intel 3930k processor and ASUS RIVE as a motherboard for gaming and for virtual machines. This is a hexa-core processor and 8 DIMMS combination thus should support the use of virtual machine. I have core 2 duo with windows 7, i get problems when i try to use Oracle virtual machine but when i moved to XP i was able to use the same so it is not a problem with motherboard but type of version of windows operating system. Problem you are getting is because of the OS but not because of the hardware.