Thread: Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P frequent boot

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P frequent boot

I have assembled a new system and I am sure that I have done all the things well. But when I start the system then it get turn on and off after every 2 seconds. This loop never ends. I am not able to understand that what could be the reason for this and how can this issue be resolved. If you have some suggestion for me then please post that here. I will be thankful for all the replies.
    • MB: GA-Z68XP-UD3P
    • CPU: Intel LGA1155 ?
    • RAM: G.Skill RipJaw DDR3 4gbx2gb
    • PSU: Corsair GS700
    • Heatsink: Stock Intel
    • VidCard: Radeon 5870

Re: Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P frequent boot

Is the ATX_12V_2x4 is connected. If you find that there are some shorts then the best thing that you can do is to takeout the board and do the bench test on any isolating material. You can also try to use that without the video card and with just one stick of the RAM (changing RAM slots). So try with this and let me know that if this is helpful to you or not.

If the pins in the CPU socket are bent then also you may get the issues like this. I am not saying that this is the only reason for this problem but there is always a possibility for this.

There is one trick that you can try with this and that is, just remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard for a few minutes (30 sec recommended) and after that reinsert the battery and boot your computer. See if this time you get the same thing after reinserting the battery.

Hey, before moving to the stuffs like CPU socket and heatsink, you must check that if the PSU that you are using is working well or not. Earlier, I was also having the similar problem as you are getting but with different configuration. Issue was the same and I tried a lot to get the problem solved but nothing helped me. Finally I found that the fault was in the PSU and then I changed that with the new one and it resolved the problem for me. So I would recommend you to do the same and hope that it will do the same in your case as well.