Thread: Newly built Rig not performing well and gives Bsod

Newly built Rig not performing well and gives Bsod

Hi guys
    just bought the new custom build rig in which I installed the Skyrim but the game was lagging and now working properly on Ultra settings after that I tried another game and same thing happened even with the lowest setting it really was not running to up to mark. That was the story till yesterday, now two day I just got the Blue screen of death on the pc while streaming the YouTube videos . so I thought to update my drivers and found the newer version of BIOS update was available so I though the problem will going to solve by this but when I tried to update BIOS its showed that it is not compatible with the 64 bit windows version and I have no idea why it won’t compatible with my 64bit windows as it was the only option available there so is there anyone having this problem that I am facing regarding the BIOS updated and the BSOD. This is my newest rig that I have bought. I would be really glad if someone here can help me on this .

This is my Rig configuration
    • AMD FX-8150 8 core CPU
    • DDR3 Ram 8GB
    • Dual Radeon 6970 cards
    • Gigabyte GA-970A-D3 motherboard

Thanks in advance.

Re: Newly built Rig not performing well and gives Bsod

Well I would suggest that you should by disabling X-Fire at present and it that don’t solve any thing then download HWMonitor and the Prime 95 then do the following

1. Place the HW Monitor on where you can see it and start it
    2. Now start the prime 95
    3. It will stress test the CPU
    4. Now look at the CPU temp in HWMonitor (if it is above 70C then it is cooling problem)

If temp is normal then download memtest86 Burn it on the disc and boot ypur computer trough it for an hour Just check the result of this and post it back so that I can get some idea what is the matter

Hopes this helps

I suggest you to reinstalled the ATI video drives. if the problem is pertaining to the graphic card then it will definite get solved with the reinstallation of the graphic card drivers

Just download the @BIOS and after that pick the BIOS file in them because what I believe here is you can put it in the thump drive and hit the key to enter the Q-Flash. I don’t know because it has been while that I have updated my BIOS but the last time I did it from the @BIOS . did you try to reinstall the windows to see if anything works or not may be that would help you

Thanks for the tip I have just installed the BIOS update trough @BIOS and that really helped me but the thing us when I try to start any game it crashes although except the Skyrim but game lagging. But not seen ant BSOD yet however I need some time ti check it perfectly . so at the moment I am reinstalling the games that having problem hope everything will work fine

Thanks again