Thread: GigaByte GA-EX58-UD5 triple channel error code 69

GigaByte GA-EX58-UD5 triple channel error code 69

I am having the GigaByte GA-EX58-UD5 and facing some problem with this. When I read the manual then it was mentioned that to configure the triple channel with the system memory, I will have to use the three sticks with the blue slots ie. 1, 3 , 5. I did the same but it failed to initialize the motherboard and I was not getting anything on the screen. When I checked the debug LED which is mounted on the motherboard, it was showing the code "69. I checked the instruction manual but it was not mentioned anywhere in the manual. So I am starting this thread over here. If you can place some helpful input here then I will be thankful to you.

Re: GigaByte GA-EX58-UD5 triple channel error code 69

What you can do is, just try by plugging the RAM sticks to the white slots, (2, 4 and 6) and see if this work for you this time or not.

Yes, if you wish to run the triple channel then the white slots will be the best one to make use of. I searched for the error code 69 and found that it stands for "Turn on L2 Cache". If you are not able to do that then the best way for you is to make use of the RMA otherwise make use board with the white slot as already said.

I would like to tell you that it will not be possible to enable the Dual Channel mode if you are having just one DDR3 memory module. If you are running more than one memory module in your system then this become very important that you are using the memory of similar capacity, brand, speed, and chips. Other than this, if you are using the Dual Channel mode through two memory modules then this become important that they must be installed on DDR3_1 and DDR3_3 sockets.

You should check just two sticks of the RAM that you required to test at one time and see if this work for you. You must use two sticks in the white slot and that will solve the problem.