Thread: Which one is better Asus P5KC or Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3 motherboard?

Which one is better Asus P5KC or Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3 motherboard?

I am planning to build up a rig for which I would require some help from you all on this. So that’s why I want to know which would be the perfect motherboard for my system, that’s what I want to know here. I have finalized processor and that would be core i5 550 but I am stuck as if with which motherboard should I go with? On asking many of my friends about this I have decided to finalize P5 Asus P5KC as well as Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3 but now I want to zero in only one of them, which would be the perfect one that you think for my pc. Since you all are experts in this files I would be happy to hear it from you. So send in your valuable suggestions.

Re: Which one is better Asus P5KC or Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3 motherboard?

Quote Originally Posted by NatwarL@L View Post
    I am planning to build up a rig for which I would require some help from you all on this. So that’s why I want to know which would be the perfect motherboard for my system, that’s what I want to know here. I have finalized processor and that would be core i5 550 but I am stuck as if with which motherboard should I go with? On asking many of my friends about this I have decided to finalize P5 Asus P5KC as well as Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3 but now I want to zero in only one of them, which would be the perfect one that you think for my pc. Since you all are experts in this files I would be happy to hear it from you. So send in your valuable suggestions.
    I am just wondering as if why you want to go with this all motherboards when you know that many such motherboards are available now. I have used Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R motherboard and all I can say is that it is the best motherboard that I had and if you want(if it is available) then you should definitely go with it. I don’t think so it will give you any kind of problems. I was using this motherboard with my E8500 and Q9450 processors and I had a very good experience with it. So I would suggest you to go with the Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3?, that’s it.

I just want to know why are you going with such an old motherboard collections didn’t your friends inform you about the latest motherboards that are available now. If you want then you can go ahead with them. If you want then I can list you all of them. Dude don’t stay in the old world rather move on.

smile Re: Which one is better Asus P5KC or Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3 motherboard?

Quote Originally Posted by Battista View Post
    I just want to know why are you going with such an old motherboard collections didn’t your friends inform you about the latest motherboards that are available now. If you want then you can go ahead with them. If you want then I can list you all of them. Dude don’t stay in the old world rather move on.
    Ok fine then you can suggest me some new one for me. Since I am not a good techie like you all and I am very much new to this one that’s why I am asking you all for the help. Anyways if you all want then you can suggest and also make sure that you mention the price as well. that would be better for me, sorry if I am asking you to do some extra work.

idea Re: Which one is better Asus P5KC or Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3 motherboard?

Ok fine here are some of the lists that I would recommend you to go with, do check them out

MSI Z68A-GD80 (G3) Motherboard
    Biostar TA990FXE Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3 Motherboard
    Gigabyte X79-UD7 OC Motherboard
    Intel X79 DX79SI Motherboard

These are some of the best motherboards that are available now these days you can check them out. Also I cannot comment anything on the price since it is bound to differ.

Dude if you have finalized to go with that two then I would say GA-P35-DS3R is the best option for you since it has, 6-speed processing power, metal capacitors, ferrite core, MOSFET transistors and I can guarantee you that the board will work very smoothly. That’s what I want to say here.

Quote Originally Posted by LavinaD View Post
    Dude if you have finalized to go with that two then I would say GA-P35-DS3R is the best option for you since it has, 6-speed processing power, metal capacitors, ferrite core, MOSFET transistors and I can guarantee you that the board will work very smoothly. That’s what I want to say here.
    Ok that has led me in to the confusion, I just want to know that the motherboards that I have selected has been taken because of the SL 5.0 driver accessibility. I just want to know would it be ok with this motherboard if I install SL 4.5? I just want to know that because the same is the config in my office pc as well. so just curious whether it would be ok to do that?

Ok that has led me in to the confusion, I just want to know that the motherboards that I have selected has been taken because of the SL 5.0 driver accessibility. I just want to know would it be ok with this motherboard if I install SL 4.5? I just want to know that because the same is the config in my office pc as well. so just curious whether it would be ok to do that?
    They probably will be having a different kernel and hence I think that would matter if you want to go with he lower sli then I would suggest you to stick with the asus one. Since the gigabyte GA-P35-DS3 has the full capacity to support SL 5.X. that’s what I know. So now everything depends on you. Look what you have to decide now.