Thread: Can a faster processor lower CPU Usage below 85%

Can a faster processor lower CPU Usage below 85%

Hello friends, i wanted to know that faster processor can low the CPU Usage? I was running software on my PC then i have noticed that CPU Usage is 85% in Task Manager, which is very much high. I think that it is due to malware and i have noticed that piece of software running 24/7 on my system. Where the CPU Usage is generally runs 80-90% in Task Manager due to which the software becomes slow and freezes temporarily. If i upgrade the processor does it drop down the CPU Usage %? Please help me, thank you.

Re: Can a faster processor lower CPU Usage below 85%

If you are going for the new processor then it will definitely improve it, but sometime it depends that how much you upgrade your processor, which processor you will used it and also which will be best for you. If you go for high processor then you will be getting better performance. You will be able to notice a minor difference if you get a processor that's just a little better than the previous one.

I would suggest that you should have a 4 GB RAM along with a good processor, which will be best for you. It will will surely drop the CPU usage %, i would recommend that thing to you to do, even also a good processor with current RAM may also work but not sure, but new RAM and processor will be best.

If you get the new processor then it will be the best for you and also it always low the CPU Usage, i have seen the changes, i have upgraded the processor and it has helped for me.

I would like to say that you make sure that you use a single core processor so it has to take every load. If you are getting a multicore processor which should be atleast 2 cores (otherwise i would suggest that should go for quad core if software supportable) then it can solve your problem. If you have Two or more processes which are been running in parallel then also it will speed up your task and decrease load on each core and performance of your system will be better and fast. As you are saying that more than half ram is unutilized so it is not an issue,upgrading your processor will solve your problem.

I would suggest that you go for the Intel core i5 which is the best and also i think that the software which you are using it will be compatible to run on it. Whereas the Intel i5 is having 4 cores and it is very much powerful and it will low the CPU usage %.

I was also having the same thing happening with my system, i was running the 32 bit operating system on 64 bit intel i3 then during that time my cpu meter shows 30% load when the system was idle and when i have check on the 64 bit OS then it was showing 1% or even 0% when idle. SO it make a lot of the system with the processor you are using with the operating system, so you better also see that and it make difference.