Thread: Dell XPS 600 does not accept 2 Kingston 2 GB 667 RAM

Dell XPS 600 does not accept 2 Kingston 2 GB 667 RAM

Hello friends, i have recently purchased the two Kingston 2 GB 667 RAM and have placed on the white memory slot, but it was not accepted by the computer and also it does not start Windows 7 x64 and Ubuntu Linux x64 (11.10). When ever i try to start it then it just reboot. I have tried in Ubuntu x32 then it was working but showing me only 2GB RAM, but it does not start for Windows, the windows logo comes then at that time it reboot. So i do not know what is the problem and why it is not accepting the card. so please tell me and what to do with it. Thank you.

Re: Dell XPS 600 does not accept 2 Kingston 2 GB 667 RAM

I have founded that there are many problem with the Kingston Value RAM with dell computers and also with the other brand also. I have founded that if you wanted to have RAM which is not of Dell then try for the Crucial, which is been used on Dell and it is working very much nicely. There been many complaint for the memory incompatibility with the Dell computer and also there is no particular trend for it. Such that if you have one branded memory then it will work on dell computer but it will not work on the other. But most of the time Kingston Value RAM is the problem for Dell computers.

I would suggest that you check out some of the RAM which are been compatible with the computer and should get those, you might be able to get some idea from your desktop configuration that which will be compatible with your system.

I am bit confuse, that what should i do, should i go for any new one? Overall my computer is very good and also it is not having any sort of problem, it is 7 years old. So you people think that i should return the recently purchased and get another one? Or should i go for new computer, actually i am thinking to get a new one. But someone have told me that i should spend some little cash on older and it will become brand new. So i wanted to have faster machine, then for that more RAM was needed, had gone for that. So what to do now?

I am not sure that you are having the problem with the memory. I know that Kingston is cheaper in cost and also you get what you wish to have it, but it been the problem with the dell computers. If you are thinking to go for new one then you better go for it and if you are thinking to continue with the present then you should get Crucial Memory, so it is totally upon you to take the decision.