Thread: What is the Legacy of DDR1, DDR2, DDR3 Stick with Most Memory that is ever produced?

question What is the Legacy of DDR1, DDR2, DDR3 Stick with Most Memory that is ever produced?

I have got a question but it is related to the Desktop Computers. I want to know that When the DDR1 RAM were produced then what was the legacy of its most memory which was produced? Same with the DDR2 Ram and what is the most legacy of the most memory that was produced when the DDR3 RAM were introduced? Could anyone tell me answers to my questions? Thanks in advance.

Re: What is the Legacy of DDR1, DDR2, DDR3 Stick with Most Memory that is ever produced?

As far as my knowledge is concerned about the Desktops then I would say that the 2 GB of the DDR1 Stick was the most memory that was produced. 4 GB of the DDR2 Stick was the most memory that was produced. Ans when the DDR3 comes into picture then I would say that 4 GB too for it but this is considered to be for the desktops. I have also noticed that the laptops having the 8 GB DDR3 RAM sticks. I may not be fully correct.

smile Re: What is the Legacy of DDR1, DDR2, DDR3 Stick with Most Memory that is ever produced?

I don’t have any knowledge about the DDR1 Memory Sticks but I would like to tell you that there would be availability of the 8 GB sticks of DDR2 as the memory RAM and the the 8 GB sticks of DDR3 too as the RAM for the desktop Computers.

star Re: What is the Legacy of DDR1, DDR2, DDR3 Stick with Most Memory that is ever produced?

Quote Originally Posted by DikraJi View Post
    I have got a question but it is related to the Desktop Computers. I want to know that When the DDR1 RAM were produced then what was the legacy of its most memory which was produced? Same with the DDR2 Ram and what is the most legacy of the most memory that was produced when the DDR3 RAM were introduced? Could anyone tell me answers to my questions? Thanks in advance.
    The memory RAM of the DDR1 was produced for the operations of the processors of the 32 bit and DDR2 took its positions further when the 64 bit emerged as the Second Gen. AT the time the servers were the only machines that were having the capability of 4GB sticks as the sever were need to run faster then a ordinary desktop machine. The limitations of the DDR1 stick for the desktop was 1 GB only and the servers were having the 2GB ecc modules that were registered only for them.

idea Re: What is the Legacy of DDR1, DDR2, DDR3 Stick with Most Memory that is ever produced?

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie f View Post
    I don’t have any knowledge about the DDR1 Memory Sticks but I would like to tell you that there would be availability of the 8 GB sticks of DDR2 as the memory RAM and the the 8 GB sticks of DDR3 too as the RAM for the desktop Computers.
    I have installed 4 sticks of the DDR2 RAM in my Intel Motherboard and the Memory is now total of 32 GB. The DDR2 comes with the most memory of the 8 GB.

Re: What is the Legacy of DDR1, DDR2, DDR3 Stick with Most Memory that is ever produced?

The Kingston DDR3 Memory stick comes with the 8 GB RAM but the INR of that is around 28444. This is costly and I think you would have to go for that premium price if you wish to have this stick.

smile Re: What is the Legacy of DDR1, DDR2, DDR3 Stick with Most Memory that is ever produced?

Quote Originally Posted by LavinaD View Post
    The Kingston DDR3 Memory stick comes with the 8 GB RAM but the INR of that is around 28444. This is costly and I think you would have to go for that premium price if you wish to have this stick.
    I agree to the words that you are saying but I have not been cost any of that while I selected the stick. I have to spent the amount of $350 on the Corsair Vengeance that I purchased and with the re selling I have to pay less than that. Even this is two times bigger if we would have considered the 4 GB stick on the basis if the per dollar is considered which would be really a huge amount.