Thread: Gateway M675PRR motherboard wont boot

Gateway M675PRR motherboard wont boot

Hey Guys,

My Gateway M675 do not boot for some reason. When I hit the start button, the laptop will buzz like it wants to boot however doesn't. after that the fan comes on, although nothing happen. I notice every light are working properly. The battery light is although weird color. I don’t know if it was should to be that way or not. Anyways, my operating system is window vista and it won’t boot I took it to a pc service shop and he told me that they think it was the motherboard fault. Now it’s already cost me heavy for a new power cord. Now I guess I have to spend even more for a motherboard, I was thinking if you had some other ideas? I will be really appreciating that .

Thanks

re: Gateway M675PRR motherboard wont boot

What I suggest you are to start without battery plugged in? take out all accessible parts like the hard drive, ram module, Wireless LAN card and all and after that put them reseating them , . Apply some force on the keyboard and press the power button? See if you feel funny smell anywhere when it’s on? Clean up heatsink?

If the battery light is weird color as you say than usual , it's representative that the battery is charging, or else that the battery charge is low. Try to take out the battery and from the back usually . I have came across the laptops with a shorted cell battery not have sufficient power to run since the battery acts as drain when hit the power supply.

I have kind of similar issue but mine doesn’t boot with two stick of ram but does when using the only one I don’t know why but suddenly it stopped booting with tow RAM sticks. i removed the one stick and it booted fine. Didn’t matter what stick.

I have the similar issue with my Gateway M675PRR. Look as If a lot of us having the similar boot issue. I've heard of this is because of the bad power supply to resetting CMOS however nothing' functioning . Now at the manual although cant make out nothing' in there . This has been going on for few years. I quit and currently I am thinking of this situation like a dies hard movie .

I think the only thing that you can is see If you can access to the hard drive and then reattaching then reseating and recheck to ensure that the RAM and heat sink are correctly attached.

Well I have done everything like tried a new CPU, reseated the whole thing, tried booting trough the Windows CD, remolded the graphic chip. But Nothing worked, I am so irritated with it that I will to purchase a used motherboard off EBay.

Have you tried booting without RAM in the system, does there any change? do you get any error code or beep code of some sort stating no ram? How about booting with no the hard disk installed? Any error messages at this point? External monitor shows anything? If all else fails, then go for the motherboard replacement.

Check if external monitor do display anything and if not the that is very much clear that the motherboard is toasted and you probably have to get the new motherboard.

Is your system in the warranty period ?

Have you get in touch with Gateway support ?

The issue is perhaps hardware associated. I would bet on the graphic card or the motherboard itself.

It is not on the warranty period and yes did tried to contact Gateway support trough the email however no reply yet. Most of the time the pc sounds like it is booting however the screen is blank. now and then i can get to the extent of the welcome screen prior to it freezes and i have to try to rebooting it. Is there anyone here can help me on how to boot from cd. If you mean inserting the drivers/operating system disc in, i have tried that when ti got the problem .

If you getting in the BIOS setup when the computer is booting, you perhaps able to see the CPU temp - although that is frequently not there from laptop BIOS's. To get into the BIOS, press some button on the keyboard like F1 or F8 this will let you enter setup when the computer is booting. If you just see a motherboard logo, try hit Tab otherwise Esc to see the diagnostics running behind . Once in BIOS, try to locate a section which might be called System or Hardware Monitoring that will show you the cpu temp. and as well see if fan vents Is letting air flowing out of each vent?