Thread: CMOS Checksum Bad message showing with ASRock ALiveNF6G-DVI Motherboard in every boot up

CMOS Checksum Bad message showing with ASRock ALiveNF6G-DVI Motherboard in every boot up

Before I start with my problem here is my rig

• Motherboard: ASROCK Alive NF6-VSTA AM2
    • Processor: AMD X2 5400+
    • RAM: DDR2 Memory of 4GB.
    • DVD writer: Samsung SATA DVD R/W drive
    • GPU: 512MB PCI-ex card
    • HDD: Seagate SATA drive 320 GB
    • Operating System: Windows 7
    • Monitor: Dell

So now the problem is that each time I start the computer it show blue then after some time it gives some message that says something about the no signal goes to standby with the orange signal but today when I restarted the pc again it displayed the CMOS Checksum bad F2 Setup or F1 continue using default . I am thinking the is because of motherboard is not recognizing the GPU . I did every thisng that can possible do but I am not able to solve the issue is there any on there can help me on this I would be really appreciating this thanks in advance

Re: CMOS Checksum Bad message showing with ASRock ALiveNF6G-DVI Motherboard in every boot up

I will because of the battery is not been changed .This battery is supposed to maintain an electric current to save the BIOS settings and time. If the time jumps, it is no longer working. So what I suggest tried to change the battery, we'll see if it does not work.

Re: CMOS Checksum Bad message showing with ASRock ALiveNF6G-DVI Motherboard in every boot up

So I'll change the battery myself because I am afraid that some retailers are changing the CM while it may be just the battery.

Still have the problem at startup not with the time, but the black screen can be caused by the battery too? Can anyone tell

That is great you change the BIOS battery, yourself. But keep in mind
    1. Avoid contact the two flat surfaces with your fingers or something conductive so as not to discharge the battery.
    2. Lick the battery to see if the the battery life shorten as it might of several months.

The use the CR2032 battery that you can find, , the radius of the cell area will be same and nothing work you can Flashing the bios which is s a relatively simple but delicate. If you miss the any point, you can throw the motherboard it will die. So ifyou have to do it keep it as last resort

I had the similar problem , I changed the battery. The message still appeared to boot the first time after the change. Then he disappeared after loading parameters and setting the time. So it's a solved problem. No second black screen at startup , yet ...The screen does not stay black all starts.

Can you tell me if this problem occur when you turn on your PC and your screen is black, or sometimes it works? If the screen is working, is it stays on till you turn off the PC ?

Can you connect another monitor on your PC, and / or your monitor on another PC to see? Please post back

Same issue I noticed that this happens after the computer boot .when you turn on a few minutes later the screen goes blank, no matter what computer is not responding. Using the reset reboot button, the computer restarts, but in the process of loading a blue screen pops up already,

Ok I have this problem but not frequent and if my battery is dead then isn’t it supposed to happen each time i boot my computer. however there is another thing that i forgot to say
    when i go to the BIOS immediately after this error occurs i notice my bios says. i have DDR ram not supported by this motherboard .i also recently did a Intel rapid bios update !! Could this have anything to do with my issue?

It was certainly the bios issue. however I just disable one advanced option that display underneath the" plug and play OS option that my older version of bios and At the moment didn't have these errors.

I think like every one said the CMOS battery weak that why you get CMOS checksum error. This is what you should do
    1. Replacing the battery in the mobo
    2. For a the jumper to go usually next to the battery and Clear CMOS start the computer
    3. And last flash BIOS

Then everything will work. The problem is standard and common with the old boards and the battery have to do all of the above now everything will work now after following this steps