Thread: Can power-on self-test (POST) card work with any BIOS

Can power-on self-test (POST) card work with any BIOS

Ok I need help on this issue. my computer is having a issue with startup and as I am not that technical guy , I decided to buy 2digit debug/POST Card for assisting to solving the problem , so the main thing is I want to know is there any PCI POST Card that able to work with the any motherboard that has the PCI slot or does it work with some particular BIOS . I am asking this because I am using gigabyte motherboard that has the awarded BIOS. Is there anyone here can provide me with the solution to this as I would be really be appreciating this thanks in advance

Re: Can power-on self-test (POST) card work with any BIOS

As far as I know it would be working with pretty much all the BIOS although I would be warn you that you must need the sufficient amount of technical knowledge to interpret which the codes mean what and how to repair the issue .

It should work with all the bios but it lot convenient if you provide here you motherboard make and brand . I mean the model number and also the PC model if it Is branded with the detail about the problem that you are have with you system is experiencing. So that we can able to guide you the correct way on you issue.

Since you have mention that you are not that technical guy , I am assuming that you are jumping way to earlier to get the POST card , do you even know what exactly does the post card can do for you to solve your problem . Just tell me do you hear the beeping noise while starting your computer and in case it does that is your post code any you can always refer to you motherboard support page to get information and troubleshoot you beeping and other problem . post card is just a waste of money

Yeah I agree with you. in fact I feel some of the information that you will get by the POST card can easily can available through the motherboard itself all you need to check that how old is your mother board is . then again it is very hard to comment until we are able to know what exactly the problem toy are facing can you tell me are you sure that you are having the problem related to the hardware or is it a software issue . I suggest you get the quick boot disabled so you even see the POST screens and if it hidden behind logo then you can disable the logo from the bios screen.

All in all I like to say is if you really sure it’s a hardware issue then you should get the new motherboard as it get difficult to get detached parts and what if get the problem with the card what will you do . I hope you understand what I mean to say here