Thread: which RAM is suitable for the motherboard MSI G41M-P26

which RAM is suitable for the motherboard MSI G41M-P26

I recently bought new mother board MSI G41M-P26 and thinking to purchase Intel Core 2 Duo E8400. at the moment the only thing bother me is that what and which RAM should i buy for these combination so that i can use their ability to the highest extent. I goggled for that and found 'Dual Channel RAM". I don't need the design what is it and how it can be set up . I need to have 8 GB DDR3 RAM. I as well seek out in the CORSAIR website for the similar stuff however didn't got any idea regarding this 'Dual Channel' memory. So kindly , if any one of you can assist me out what this term signify and be able to i utilize it on my CPU and motherboard assembly and if yes then how do i get it.

It will be of great help for me if my query is solved here.

re: which RAM is suitable for the motherboard MSI G41M-P26

I think you should not be t worry. just purchase rams of similar latency . Like you need 8gb. you must buy 4gb*2=8gb hope this would help you

I hope this help Multi-channel architecture DDR3 Memory - DDR3 800/1066/1333*(OC)

MSI says that your motherboard two modules of Dual Channel DDR3 on 800, 1066, and 1333 frequencies for a maximum of 8GB memory.

To get Dual Channel search for a kit labeled as followed:

• 2GB = 2x1GB
    • 4GB = 2x2GB
    • 8GB = 2x4GB

It mostly 2 ram sticks with the similar memory, as well as ddr3 ram is economical, you might find 8gb for nearly $50, it’s what I will on the do personally, this is similar to have the extra protection even though task manager shows I am just using 1.86 GB of my 4 GB all the time (I have a 64 bit windows 7).

HI GUYS. this is what is occurrence to me.... i purchase this motherboard G41M-P26 along with 4 GB DDR3 1333 ( 2x2GB )...... and the problem is that . while i get in the Bios the memory tab display me ( DDR3 1333 (667 MHz)

Don’t worry It is standard as DDR signify for Double Date Rate thus the numbers that the BIOS might read will be multiply by two .

As such, for DDR 800MHz, you may see BIOS identify as 400MHz. DDR 1066MHz will be show by BIOS as 533MHz.

No i believe I am really irritated because of this as I gone to a colleague house and there on its Bios displayed , DDR3 1333 with no the 667.... I suppose that now my the motherboard is having some issue " but i don’t make out what !

Actually the The term dual channel means to the method the machine looks at RAM. In this case the system find two sticks on RAM and is one on all channel at the similar time for accessing the memory. Dual channel is the defector standard at the moment when it comes to system configurations which pretty much something you acquire is a dual channel kit, just take care it has two sticks and you will be okay . for the reason that the pricing is in relation to the same I would look for a better DDR3 1600 kit from both Corsair or else Kingston.

It's almost a method more well-organized technique of use RAM with no needing to upgrade the real technology. So for example if today somebody comes with the latest and most highly developed RAM after that that's the best on the promote as of at present. The only way to get better upon that is to add a second RAM stick plus get dual channel until somebody also comes out with an even newer model of RAM that's faster than the previous one.

keep away from confusion, it's the motherboard that requirements to have support for multi-channel memory, not the genuine ram sticks. In all-due respect you don't actually need to identify how it works in order to use it. Just understand the specs of a provide motherboard and it will state they MUST BE you can configure ram. If it shows dual channel afterward that's the best way to make use of it and you get dual channel ram. If it says triple channel after that you get triple channel ram, etc.