Thread: How to set 1-4-7 tri-sli bridge

How to set 1-4-7 tri-sli bridge

Hello friends, i was trying to set tri-sli on ASUS X79 Rampage IV Extreme motherboard with the 1,4,7 slot for good airflow but i am not able to get any method to do it. Wanted to fit the tri-sli bridge with a long (150mm+) flexible sli connector. I was very much tired of it and was not able to worked it out for me, i was thinking to try my own method but will not try it. So does anyone has the solution to fit it. Is there any product which will be supporting it by evga. So please tell me about it, thank you.

Re: How to set 1-4-7 tri-sli bridge

Whereas i am knowing that Evga is been providing with bridges which you wanted, it is been their in their accessory bundle, it is been available when you have purchased the 4x, 3x and 2x SLI motherboards from EVGA. I do not know that ASUS is doing the same or not.

There are been bridge provided by the EVGA and if you have taken that then it will be included on your motherboard accessories pack from ASUS. Even if you are thinking to get Bridge separately then you can to below link and get one for you,

3-Way SLI Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by AnbuP View Post
    There are been bridge provided by the EVGA and if you have taken that then it will be included on your motherboard accessories pack from ASUS. Even if you are thinking to get Bridge separately then you can to below link and get one for you,

3-Way SLI Bridge
    The 3-way sli bridge you are saying then it is for PCI-E slots 1-3-5 and if you say 4-way then it will be for 1-3-5-7. Whereas i wanted ti have a 3-way SLI for slots 1-4-7, by which i can insert a slot of space between each card.

I have gone through the same problem on my previous board, as i was going for some setup. Where the ASUS advertises about the configuration but they do not supply the SLI connector which is long in size. Where the 3 WAY SLI bridge which is been included is standard for 1,3,5 slot but it does not work and also there is no standard 2 way SLI bridges which can be long enough to connect and it is been not available in the market. I am having many 120mm SLI bridges, which are not long that it can connect topmost card to the bottom one. I think that ASUS should sell a SLI bridge which will be fit on the configuration which they wanted to have. IF you are asking for 1,4,7 then there is no such method to make it possible till now. Till the time you use the 1,3,5 or 1,3,6, until and unless someone have come with long enough SLI bridge.

I have also search for that and i was not able to get anything, whereas i was able to get two 2-way ridged connectors and one 3.5 flex connector for it. If you are trying to setup on your board then you will be needed to have three of the 3.5 flex connectors from the EVGA accessory area, so you can go over there and get it. If you thinking that which brand to go then any brand will work for you, if you already having it then you better use it.

Quote Originally Posted by oJAsVI View Post
    I have also search for that and i was not able to get anything, whereas i was able to get two 2-way ridged connectors and one 3.5 flex connector for it. If you are trying to setup on your board then you will be needed to have three of the 3.5 flex connectors from the EVGA accessory area, so you can go over there and get it. If you thinking that which brand to go then any brand will work for you, if you already having it then you better use it.
    If you are going for 3.5 inch connector then it will not work for such configuration. I would say that you can use 2 of it, to make shorter connections. Where the 3.5 inch SLI bridge will be very much small for configuration. I also having the same board, having all the necessary cards and also plenty of SLI bridges. I am already having the 3.5 inch and also the ASUS is there, but the ASUS are longer for something 120mm or 4.72440 inches, which i am finding it shorter for me. It is not possible for many of the boards due to PCI-E slot layout, where on rampage IV Extreme the layout makes it possible, but the connection among the top card and bottom is not possible for longest SLI connector when you will be inserting cards in that way. For an example you can use it as follow:
    • SLOT 1 GPU
    • SLOT 2 covered by above GPU
    • SLOT 3 EMPTY SPACE
    • SLOT 4 GPU
    • SLOT 5 covered by above GPU
    • SLOT 6 EMPTY SPACE
    • SLOT 7 GPU

In the above connection you will not be able to connect top most card to the bottom one, as the SLI Bridge which is been available are very small in size. If you look at the longest SLI bridge then you will be able to get ASUS 120mm, 4.72440 inches, but in reality which is very much short for that single connection. Where the other two connection which are necessary are just fine with any flexible bridge, which should not be long connection between the top card and bottom. I think there might be someone will be releasing 2 way SLI bridge or 3 way SLI bridge with proper spacing for required configuration.

The tri-sli bridge which you are looking for it is been available, but it is bee available only at one place, for that you need to get asrock z68 extreme7 gen3 mobo, you will get with it bundle. You will be able to find it manually on their website, where it also tell you about tri-sli setup with 3 dual slot cards with a space in-between each.