Thread: Which graphics card (2GB) can be replace for EVGA GTX 560 Ti x2 SLI for Battlefield 3

Which graphics card (2GB) can be replace for EVGA GTX 560 Ti x2 SLI for Battlefield 3

Hello friends, i am presently using two GTX 560 Ti, i have purchased the card that i will be able to play BF3 that also at maximum, but i am getting steady framerate. Many have told that there might be problem in the VRAM, as the setting that decimates FPS is MSAA. I am able to play it smoothly without any problem but only lower fps `35, if i set to highest setting with SLI turned off, if i have turned it ON then it becomes little chugging and stuttering with higher fps. My GPU is never been used above 70%. If i remove the memory bottleneck then i will be able to play with ultra settings, so what you have to think about it, please tell me or is there any other card which will best. Thank you.

Re: Which graphics card (2GB) can be replace for EVGA GTX 560 Ti x2 SLI for Battlefield 3

If you are thinking to setup to some other card then it will not allow to do it to some 2GB model. I am talking about the vanilla models about it. If you can go for GTX 570 1.2GB along with GTX 580 1.5GB then it will be best options for you, so you can try those.

Re: Which graphics card (2GB) can be replace for EVGA GTX 560 Ti x2 SLI for Battlefield 3

I also agree that VRAM is crippling aspect of Battlefield 3, i have founded the same thing with my GTX 580 1.5GB x 2. The VRAm is really bad. Due to which i follow the Maniac's BF3 guide which can founded in gaming section as a sticky, which helps me to achieve whatever i wish to have in the game. In the fps i use to get 100, i get because i turned AA off and set the texture setting to high. If i do those setting then also it does not stutter on the large 64 man maps. Where for step up, i think that reference cards are available for doing it and if you are going for 560 2GB then it is not better option for it.

There might be some other problem with the card due to which you are not getting the output which you should be getting it. Even you are not able to use SLI and GPU at the maximum settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Bageshri27 View Post
    There might be some other problem with the card due to which you are not getting the output which you should be getting it. Even you are not able to use SLI and GPU at the maximum settings.
    I also think the same, but could not find the answer for it. Is there any way for troubleshooting it? I think that GPU is been slow that it does not pull lot of memory from RAM. What i have observe GPU usage then i have founded that worse framerate get lower GPU usage, if i have set the fps at the range 30-40 then my GPU is been used 30%. I am getting the 560 Ti (02G-P3-1568-KR) in the option list for setup and also 2GB will be not worth going for it.

I would suggest that you should try the SLI enhancement patches, it might be able to work and also might solve the problem with it, you just can try it and helpful for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy_i3 View Post
    I would suggest that you should try the SLI enhancement patches, it might be able to work and also might solve the problem with it, you just can try it and helpful for you.
    I have tried it, but that also have not helped me. When i have install it and start to play then it was working fine for me, but after some time it was stuttering, after that it degrades into a slideshow in time of high action scenes. GPU is been use till 80% not more than that and CPU is been used till 60%. When i am playing some of the other game such as the ArmA then also getting framerate very bad, then at time my GPU is been used till 60%. I think i have choose the wrong cards.

I have installed the NVIDIA GeForce 290.36 Beta Drivers and i am not getting any problem with it, it is very much sad that you are getting the problem. So did you tried a clean driver installation with driver sweeper then you might be able to solve it and also get it working.

I have the answer for that, why the GPU usage is been set down automatically then the reason for it is that VRAM is maxed out at that point. Your GPU is been stopped to been used more and it can work on but it will not work with VRAM. It is the place where driver is has to take the decision that which data should be swap out of vram to make space for new data which GPU needed. When this been done then you will come to know about Lag spikes to be noticed. I know that you will be able to play for 10 - 30 secs better and after that you will get lag again.

I am having 560 ti 2GB in sli, i am playing Battlefield 3 at 1920x1200 resolution and rest of the things are been set to ultra. There is no difference in AA though, where HIGH post AA and HABO on as well. When i play it then FPS remains below 60 in any of map and it working better.