Thread: GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R motherboard stopped working

GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R motherboard stopped working

Right now I am using the Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3 motherboard. Yesterday it suddenly stopped working and reboots. After this only I am getting problem with cold boot startup. Every time I boot the computer from the Cold, it just stuck at booting screen and then nothing. To boot it properly I have to manually press the restart button and then only computer starts to boot properly.

Re: GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R motherboard stopped working

It seems to me that you probably having problem with your Gigabyte motherboard. It might have disabled the use of CPU host frequency. To boot properly, you need to allow it in the settings. You can find these settings in the MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T) menu. It is actually a CMOS menu. If it get disabled then your PC no longer boot properly.

You have just told that the motherboard has stopped working suddenly and you are getting problem with cold boot. But you didn’t specify what kind of error messages your computer showing and how your computer behaves when your computer start ups. Without the proper error message and info it would be very hard to find and give an exact solution.

It is some kind of common problem with most of the Gigabyte boards. My motherboard used to overclock. But the problem is it simply resets until it gets to stock settings. I am not looking for a replacement or getting another gigabyte motherboard. What your BIOS Says about the CPU? Can you notice any unusual things there? I often run the "CCleaner" and make multiple passes of the cleaner and registry option so that it won’t see any errors and then reboots the computer. Like this way I am able t resolve the problem for few days.

CMOS settings plays important role during the system boot up and start up. If there are any missing parameters then you will fell into problems. I will urge you to remove the CMOS battery. After few minutes put the battery back. This will clear up the CMOS and then start up. After that use any recovery program and back up the BIOS. I hope that you have already got the Recovery Disc from the Gigabyte. If not create one on your own and then try.

I might think that there could be some sort of short circuit. If so, then it might have caused the motherboard to break down. There is no reason for Short circuit as it happens in a fraction of second. This could damage the motherboard circuitry causing it function improperly. To check it proper, take out the motherboard from the CPU case and after removing all connectors, components, see if there any burning mark on the board. If so, you might need a support.

Gigabyte offers Xpress Bios Recovery. As far as I know that bios file written in hidden partition of HDD. If the bios corrupted, then the Xpress Bios Recovery will read the file and recover it in any manner. It could save lot of time rather than sending the board back. Also don’t forget to use good Recovery software and do some minor backup. Have you tried testing with different brand/model power supply?