Thread: ECS GeForce 6100 motherboard reboots at Windows load screen

ECS GeForce 6100 motherboard reboots at Windows load screen

I am using the ECS Geforce100M motherboard. Today something happened and I cannot get past the windows load screen (Vista). When the system first boots I can see it is showing boot screen, then it goes to the windows load screen. After that the system reboots eventually. No matter how many times I restart my computer, same thing happens. I looked into the BIOS, everything seems to be perfect there but don’t know why it is not booting perfectly. Can anyone help me out?

Re: ECS GeForce 6100 motherboard reboots at Windows load screen

In my case I am using the same motherboard. The PC displays a blue screen for 1 / 2 second penalty (not the time to read anything) just after loading Windows XP, the blue bar on black background. I just tested: test RAM, change RAM, reset BIOS, and from the original CD Windows XP Pro, I tried a Recycling and reinstalling the system. It does not work.

The 6100 is an integrated graphics card so very bad for the game especially since it is turbo cache. I advise you to either turn to another pc, or to buy the pc and change the graphics card directly. This is a test of the 6100 GPU is better than the 6100 turbo cache pc you we propose.

Turn off your PC and Open the PC
    • Make sure that all PCI cards, RAM sticks, graphics cards are properly fitted.
    • Check the tab that fit the motherboard on the sides.
    • Do not touch the cards directly with your fingers so they do not transmit any kind of static.
    • Verify that the cards are fully inserted and close the tabs that fit into the motherboard
    • check the power supply and its connection to different components.

Usually when I had this problem, I had to shut down the computer, disconnect the hard drive, then Reconnect hard disk and after re-booting everything went well again. The error in the event log indicates that it is a problem with the network card. The problem could also arise with the SATA cable, because I've read that these cables are often faulty.

The problem with the hard disk has been resolved; I have the ultimate boot disk, nothing done in it. When my Windows XP starts, I have started CHKDSK. It solves the solution for the first time but during the next reboot, again the same.

You will try two things to start the PC when the window opens. Repeatedly tap the F8 key so that you can get the option to repair the PC. Second you can start the PC to a restoration facility by tapping a few times Alt and F10.

I also tried something else. I removed the battery from the motherboard for several hours for the bios set to default and I started the pc, nothing happens, it’s always reboot.

I happened to me also, as it was enough that I re-turn off the PC and turn it back on. The screen does really show anything. I tried several manipulations:
    • Change my RAM sticks and their locations => no result
    • Remove the CMOS battery and put it back, change the CMOS battery => no result
    • Unplug all my hard drive => no result
    • Putting a new graphics card => no result

My PC turns on, all fans are running, do not vary their speed, the motherboard is no longer shows usual beeps and the screen does not light. The PC is in this situation for two days. With integrated graphics the result is exactly the same, the screen works with another computer. So finally I came to conclusion that normally, Windows has the old drivers in memory. Uninstall the drivers and put the new one with the right graphics card.

Normally this is the behavior of Monitor if they do not display the graphics on the PC for the set values, so if for example the screen resolution is set higher than the monitor can display. To make it correct Start in Safe Mode : Press the F8 key at startup, so right after the BIOS screen and before Windows starts. There, then you'll turn the graphic values to a relatively low value, which is reliably detected, e.g. 1024x768 resolution and 60Hz refresh rate. Then you boot back to normal and can now put the resolution back later....

You can try to a clear CMOS, power supply right after the test if it is not much better. There's nothing physical or hardware related problems you mention. I think that either the entire HDD has damaged or maybe some parts of it. Check with the new HDD and see what you can get.