Thread: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R USB overvoltage?

Gigabyte X58A-UD3R USB overvoltage?

Hello everyone. i think i've a problem in my usb 2.0 and 3.0, somehow i don't know. the reason behind this cos i've my new handset galaxy samsung 2, which i plugged it into my front usb port.but the touch screen stops responding. everything just freezes, just for once internet explorer opened after a long time which seems like a late response of my pressing on touchscreen however the menu and back button work well but can't press or click on anything.

The same thing happens if i charge the handset with other charger more than the max input which is 3.7 volt or 1000mah. I checked if the handset works in other laptop and the touch screen works great while it's plugged!. now the problem is narrowed down to my computer's usb and not the handset.so i tried disabling my usb 3.0 from bios < which i thought mayb a cause of a problem due to high usb 3.0 voltage output< just a guess :^). and still get the same screen bug. maybe i should try changing the wires on motherboard after reading the mobo's guide which will take me days to research. perhaps you guys can give me a hint or a better solution for this, i'll be very greatful.

Re: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R USB overvoltage?

Yes you are right. It can be due to low voltage issue. There are two things which can be concluded. First the cable which you are using. Second your phones firmware or drivers is still not installed in the system. Try one thing, connect the phone to the backside of your system. One by one check it. If still the system freezes then the issue lies with the usb. Run a firmware upgrade via Kies.