Thread: CPU upgrade of HP Pavilion Media Center TV M8100Y CTO Desktop

CPU upgrade of HP Pavilion Media Center TV M8100Y CTO Desktop

Hello friends i wanted to upgrade CPU of M8100Y i have order it with Asus IPIBL-LA motherboard (Berkeley-GL8E), according to specification of motherboard it supports only Core 2 Duo up to E6850, or Core 2 Quad up to Q6700, so i went to Intel website to check list of specification of Core 2 Duo and Core 2, but i have not able to find anything which will be able to run board. There are some of processor which are been able to run but difference is in clock speed and number of cores. So if i try to update then board will be able to run Core 2 Quad Q9650, or Core 2 Duo E8600? Does anyone have any idea about it, then please tell me. Thank you.

Re: CPU upgrade of HP Pavilion Media Center TV M8100Y CTO Desktop

The issue is that, HP purchases the motherboard from ASUS they do changes on it and make it such a way to work with some specification. So this is thing which is not giving the Technical support team to work on all running HP systems, so which they have to support fewer configurations. It is been the people to decide whether go for it or not, as it future it will not allow you to do modification. This was marketing thing which company does.

Even i wanted to know the same thing, i wanted to do on my HP Pavilion PC, so does anyone has done it then please tell me about it so that i can do it. Please help me. Thank you.

You cannot do any of the changes, which ever the specification you have got then you have to work with that, this where HP is made huge profit by making such PC and user are not able to any changes in the system. If you wanted some better PC then you better make a custom PC and you will be able to upgrade it anytime and which ever part you wanted to do it.

Such type of system are been made in such way that none of the user can do the changes in the system, if you do it then also you will be not get it done and have to use as it.