Thread: Getting error "CMOS checksum error - Defaults Loaded" with black screen

Getting error "CMOS checksum error - Defaults Loaded" with black screen

I have a windows based system that recently shows black screen at the time of rebooting process. It also display error message "CMOS checksum error - Defaults Loaded". Because of this error message, i can't able to shut down my system by long pressing power button of CPU. My friend suggest me for do some changes on the BIOS, but keyboard not help to make such changes in BIOS. So, now i am expecting that some expert give me valuable technical solutions. Thankful for any such.

Re: Getting error "CMOS checksum error - Defaults Loaded" with black screen

In such cases, we need to just go to the bios and make some changes inside the cmos setting. but as per you mentioned keyboard is being unresponsive. In that situations, i suggest check power supply. make sure that the power supply unit you use, is correctly provide the power supply. If you realize any problem with this case, replace it with the new one. might be possible that replacing the power supply unit helps to make changes on the cmos setting.

If you found that keyboard is being not responsive to make some changes in cmos setting of bios, use another keyboard. Normally in such situations USB port based keyboard not works. might be it just blink LED and later on unresponsive. In such situations, you need to use the PS/2 connector based keyboard. Its necessary to use such PS/2 connector based keyboard. Because USB type keyboard needs to first configuration inside the CMOS setting. Then do it and check that keyboard works or not.

Yes, if it works, then set first bootable device as a DVD drive. Then use boot-able CD and start recovery console process at the time of booting. Use either chkdsk or some other commands with your windows CD as your boot. This will work to recover all the windows file setting. With such recovery console process in booting time, works to fix your CMOS checksum error. Try it and check what output comes after that.

Might be possible that this error "CMOS checksum error - Defaults Loaded" is the RAM problem. In such situations put RAM into different slot or replacing it will effective. Hence try it on the motherboard and check its result. Hope you can never need to follow recovery console process.

try changing the cell/battery in the motherboard