Thread: Is it possible to boot GPT disks with Gigabyte's Hybrid EFI BIOS

Is it possible to boot GPT disks with Gigabyte's Hybrid EFI BIOS

Hi guy is there anyone who know this I would really like to know this Is it possible to boot GUID Partition Tabledisks with Hybrid EFI I would be glad if some on here me o this I would be really glad and I was also kind of want to know that , is there a technique to install Win 7 64-bit so that'll properly installed the boot drive GPT? I believe that the oscdimg.exe is the way but , there is no suggestion of the EFI Shell as being included in the Gigabyte onto their BIOS. I hope they don’t go in to EFI whole-hog like everyone else. Thanks in advance

Re: Is it possible to boot GPT disks with Gigabyte's Hybrid EFI BIOS

I think yes this is possible the Gigabyte Hybrid BIOS/EFI is able to boot a 2+ TB disk which is in the GPT format. I hope you will try it just post me in return how does it goes for you

Ok then it is just fine to install via oscdimg EFI-forcing? or else is there in fact a way to obtain to an EFI boot shell? Can you tell me thst I would be really appreciate this

If you ask this from me I haven't had an opportunity to induce to grips with it myself however therefore any of my information is only second user. i do know you have got to enable the EFI via the CDROM setting within the BIOS. Beyond that i'm afraid i'm within the dark up to now.

Thanks for the reply however does one recognize where which may be? The advanced bios option of the present revision of the manual that is available with it do not seem to mention something regarding EFI concerning the boot order settings, that is the reason i suppose that what you mean

Don’t think therefore there's something within the manual to assist and that i have simply had to drag my review board apart because the company needed the CPU came back and therefore i am unable to check on there i am afraid. However I actually have managed to dig out one thing that Soar posted a moment ago regarding it and hopefully it'll facilitate
    • Select Advanced BIOS options.
    • Select CD/DVD Boot choice.
    • Set the BIOS up to “EFI” choice.
    • Save and exit BIOS.

I think I recognize what the matter is
    1. For your CDROM/DVDROM solely make use of the SATA of Intel Chipset
    2. Place EFI in BIOS
    3. Use previous Bios (F6 for GA-P67A-UD7-B3)
    4. SATA should be RAID(XHD) or AHCI

Hi

I have a G41MT.D3V mobo and managed to install the following:
    1- windows 8
    2- windows 7
    3- lion osX
    4-Snow OsX
    4-Ubuntu 11.10

i have 2 drives one 1TB and one 500GB

How?

First i installed a program called UEFI-Duet (google it) it is about 19Mb very powerful program which let you go to EFI shell

I installed it onto a USB flash
    then to install windows 7 you will need to do the following. very important
    grab a windows DVD or ISO copy what you need is a file called BOOTX64.EFI this is the one that you will work with from now on anytime you use efi platform
    where to find this file

in DVD installation it is located in \windows \boot but you can't see it so to extract it you will need a program called 7-ZIP .then go to Sources and look for a file called install.Wim open it with 7-Zip and extract the file needed it is called -bootmgfw.efi and you need to rename it as bootx64.efi and then put it in a folder called BOOT and place BOOT folder in EFI. so now y0u have same windows DVD plus boot\bootx64.efi extra which is placed inside efi folder.
    in windows 8 you are fine you do not need to do anything.
    copy the new windows 7 installation folders and files into a Fresh Formated USB it must be in FAT 32 otherwise it will not work because UEFI does not read ntfs.

now that you have all the tools
    place your UEFI_Duet in the PC and go to bios and select it as first boot and make sure you select EFI in CD/Usb instead of bios or auto.
    when you save and reboot your PC will boot into the new Flash drive and a red menue will appear saying welcome to EFI world. then again it will come up to the efi menu
    here is the trick
    if your DVD is automatically containing bootx64.efi it will boot into it right away if not then you will need to select it how?
    click on boot from file
    you will be presented with one entry 2 entries only
    1- your UEFI-DUET flash
    2- Your windows 7_installation if formated in fat 32
    3- ONLY IF YOU have DVD with bootx64.efi otherwise nothing to test it place old DVD windows in it and it will not show
    so now click on second entry and go to EFI and again to boot and click on the file you added earlier bootx64.efi and sit down and relax
    if you have done things correctly, it will allow you to install in GPT drive, if not it will say no
    you can do the following
    click on shift-F10 and go to Diskpart and type
    >>>list disk
    select disk 0 if you only have one
    >>>clean
    >>>convert GPT
    >>>create partition EFI size=200
    >>>create Partition MSR size=128
    >>>>create partition primary
    and sit and relax while installing

with windows 8
    do the same but this time just place dvd in and it will boot automatically otherwise follow the same procedure
    once finished
    remove your UEFI-Duet flash and the PC will remember and boot into EFI

if you wish to install macos go to Insanelymac and do a seach there
    to install linux
    easy simply install alongside and let it install grub into EFI and use UEFI-Duet to access it.
    Good luck