Thread: Need to restart ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 many times to get the right OC

Need to restart ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 many times to get the right OC

Hi guys
    i actually got annoyed by this . I had to restart my computer such a so many so I will get the right Overclocking and i'm positive that it's not tough to overclock an Intel Core i5-2500K Processor to 4.4ghz, that is terribly simple. It's tough for the rationale that asrock build it tough with their problematic board . UEFI bios tousled with the keyboard and mouse, and RAM isn't recognized and currently if I set spread spectrum to disabled my pc will not boot. this can be extremely terribly annoying and that i am terribly disappointed with the ASRock

Re: Need to restart ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 many times to get the right OC

Sounds like a faulty board then if the memory works within the different slots...

Have you tried manually setting the timings and voltages then putting them within the correct slots?

I removed the CPU, inspected the socket pins for dirt or damage angles etc, all of them appeared like they ought to, I reseated the CPU, and it works currently. I actually have no plan why that mounted it for currently. however currently Since the thermal compound was just about innovative, and had not set n1theless from running a lot of, or higher CPU temp than 34C, air bubbles ought to be less of a tangle right? The thermal compound was still soft. The temperatures are sensible where they were before. 34C.

I ordered this board and it'll finally be delivered tomorrow when anticipating it to return back in stock as a result of I ordered it when it absolutely was "In Stock

What version bios are you running? simply curious: did you flash to your version or was it that way out of the box. Saw that you just are running 1.10. Damn.

That really terribly unhealthy I simply put in mine these days, set forty five multi, and bumped voltage to 1.35v, disabled power saving options and unfold spectrum. The voltage on my ram was set to 1.67v by default thus I lowered that to 1.65 and havent had any issues in the least with it. i am still using the shipping bios 1.00, tho. they could have created some changes within the newer one.

Not to mention a bunch of different bugs I found however don't desire to list. If you purchase the xtreme3 gen3 you will have fun figuring them out yourself. It's my very own fault, I ought to have heeded the newegg reviews a lot of. I still do not perceive how 1.10 has g1 DOWN in quality from 1.0.... well i've got it stable and hopefully i will not have to be compelled to bit the bios ever once more..

Wow, too unhealthy such a large amount of issues. My board is running nice. I actually have owned many Asrock MB's and perpetually have had sensible luck. Running i5-2500k O/C to 4.5ghz, ram O/C to 1866 from 1600 and running in d-mode with a ATI 5850 and twin monitors. higher luck along with your next alternative.

I simply put in mine with an i5-2500k and haven't encountered any issues. i have not d1 any overclocking. Mine came with the 1.1 BIOS. Hope you'll be able to resolve your issues.

ASRock is that the budget division of ASUS. The boards are solid, however in no method use higher elements then ASUS own line.

You need to update BIOS and install latest Intel Chipset drivers,, Not the 1 from 2007.

hope the newer BIOS revisions fix you up.

I simply got my board yesterday. very first thing I did was a memtest, install Win7, then I flashed the bios to 1.10. I solely did some terribly fast testing of OC capabilities, however i used to be able to get it to 4.4ghz using the bios OC preset and that i ran Prime95 for an hour before I shut it down. Actually, i used to be able to boot at 4.6ghz using the OC preset however my Prime95 temps quickly got into the mid 70s as a result of the voltage visited 1.4.Today i'm attending to do a a lot of thorough overclock job not using the OC presets. I barely had any time last night to undertake it out.

I set my overclock settings within the bios and after I boot into windows and run cpu-z it running at 3.3ghz . I will list my settings if required, however i used to be wondering if somebody knew maybe 1 thing simple right off the bat that i used to be overlooking. after I come to the bios, it reads on the primary tab just like the OC is functioning. Im beginning at 40x to stay it straightforward i'd be extremely appreciate any reply