Thread: Power Supply and CPU Fan options for Biostar TA990FXE AM3+ Motherboard

Power Supply and CPU Fan options for Biostar TA990FXE AM3+ Motherboard

I have decided to assemble my PC and that’s why I have bought the parts for the Computer. But the problem is that I don’t know which Power Supply and CPU Fan would be best configured for my PC. The choice of this should be such that it should upgrade with the Nvidia GeForce 8400GS and too with the RAM of 16GB which is down the line. The choice of the Power Supply and CPU Fan should be such that by using the computer would be mildly overclocked.
    The specifications which I have are as follows:-
    • Mother-Board - Biostar TA990FXE AM3+
    • Hard Drive- WD VelociRaptor 300GB SATA
    • RAM – Gskill 1866 16GB DDR3 RAM
    • VGA - Nvidia GeForce 8400GS
    • CPU – AMD FX 4-Core Black Edition

Thank You in advance for the answers……..

Re: Power Supply and CPU Fan options for Biostar TA990FXE AM3+ Motherboard

Your System Specifications are cool…..I wish I could have these…..But I would only be able to say you which Power Supply and CPU Fan to choose only if you specify your budget. The task of choosing your need would be rather easier then… Thank You….

I should have added the budget of the Power Supply and CPU Fan also. I am sorry for that. The budget of all these specifications were high. So taking in mind I would most probably be able to spent around $200 for the Power Supply and CPU Fan which would be best for my system specifications…..

Well, observing your budget I would prefer you the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo RR-212E-20PK-R2. This would be the best option and this works awesome with the AM3+ Mother-Board. By installing this Cooler Master Fan your computer will be mildly overclocked. The cost of Fan is around $45 which would be fit in your budget also.
    Now lets see which Power supply to choose. Yes, the Corsair Enthusiastic Series TX950 would be the possible option for your system. This is the designed to meet the high performance and for those who want are interested in the high quality games. This provide the Max Power of the 950W for the best output in the Computer system. This would cost you around the $170. So taking both in consideration these Power Supply and CPU Fan are in your budget….
    Hope this helps…..

smile Re: Power Supply and CPU Fan options for Biostar TA990FXE AM3+ Motherboard

I would suggest you to go with the Cougar GX 700W Power Supply. I am using the same power supply in my system. This has 8 connectors. This provide the Max Power of the 700W for the best output in the Computer system. The price of the Cougar GX 700W Power Supply is around $130.
    Taking the Fan in the consideration I would go with the Vortex PWM CF-V12HP. This Fan is of the Cougar itself and provides the optimum airflow. The Fan is silent does not make too much noise….It has also the cooling efficiency which would mildly overclock your Computer….The cost of this fan is around $18 which is less as compared to Cooler Master Fan…
    Thank You….

I prefer the Silverstone ENH-0140G XA, 400 Watt power supply would be suitable for your system. The cost of this power supply is around 68,50 Euro plus Vat Inclusive.
    I would too suggest that the Cooler Master is the best for your Computer… Hope this helps..

Original post by Ramona19:

I prefer the Silverstone ENH-0140G XA, 400 Watt power supply would be suitable for your system.
    The Biostar TA990FXE AM3+ requires the connection of the 24 pins and the power supply that you are showing has only 20 pins connection. I am not saying that you cannot use this power supply but this is not good for the System because after some times your system will start showing low performance….
    For Fan I would not be able to give you exact suggestions… Thank You…..

Thank You that you have told me because I was deciding to go with the Silverstone ENH-0140G XA. But in any case I don’t want to affect my system's performance level.

Anybody else could suggest some more options? Thank You…….

I have the same configuration as you specified in your question and I am using the GigaByte Odin Plus Power Supply for my system This power supply works good with the system and comes with the 700W. It works with a better performance and good efficiency. This enables the computer to be mildly overclocked. This will cost you around $120.
    For Fan, Xigmatek Gaia SD1283 would be the possible option for your system. This will cost you around $29 which is low as compared to the Cooler Master…

Hope this hepls you….

ThumbsUp Re: Power Supply and CPU Fan options for Biostar TA990FXE AM3+ Motherboard

I am using the Zalman CNPS9900MAX-B CPU Cooler Fan for my Biostar TA990FXE AM3+ Motherboard. This is the best fan I could have ever seen amongst all. It would cost you around $50. This Fan is made up of Pure copper with Nickel plating and allows to cool your system with Qmax of 300W. Antec EarthWatts EA-650 would be better option for you. This will cost you around $72. Adding the costs of both Power supply and CPU Fan it would led you to $122 which is merely low as per your budget….

Rosewell Bronze Series RBR 1000 M will be best for your system. This would be around $128 which is high as compared to the other power supplies suggested to you…But for this you have to take a good CPU Fan to enable the Cooling Performance to the Max. For that I would suggest you the Cooler Master Hyper 212 for the better performance and high performance cooling….You can go with these also…

Hope this helps

ThumbsUp Re: Power Supply and CPU Fan options for Biostar TA990FXE AM3+ Motherboard

Thank You so much guys that you have read my query and provided the possible suggestions from your side. It was really very helpful to me and I am sure that i am going to select any one from that you have suggested to me. Thank you again