Thread: ASRock Z68 is better as compared with Asus Maximus IV Extreme-z

ASRock Z68 is better as compared with Asus Maximus IV Extreme-z

I used few motherboard and between them i really like the performance of the ASRock LGA1155/Z68 motherboard. Other motherboard i used is Asus Maximus IV Extreme-z. Initially i like the Asus Maximus IV Extreme-z board but larter on i found that the it is problematic with the certain SSDs, double-boot issues, and few reviews about it also not comes in good way. Hence as per few reading about both the motherboard, i think the ASRock Z68 series board is best. What did you think about this issue?? can you describe more things about it?? Thanks for any such.

Re: ASRock Z68 is better as compared with Asus Maximus IV Extreme-z

Well, its totally depends upon the choice and the task of the user that he want to perform on such motherboard. also the other components also plays an important role for giving the brilliant performance. there are so many things presents that help to set the configuration for getting desired result from its motherboard. If you discuss about the problem, it can be also solvable with using few basic techniques. Hence i must suggest that don't decide previously that specific board is best without using it completely.

If we talking about the overclocking features both the motherboard has been capable to do overclocking on its own board. while the performance will also comes with the great manner, if user correctly does it. this overclocking can be work to improve the performance of the motherboard and hence we need to simply do it. it took longer to install the hardware than it did to set up/install. in this case the ASRock Z68 is best. I used this Asrock Z68 extreme 4 Gen3 motherboard and after finishing this overclocking on it, result comes well. BUt hence i also think that this is best.

Few features is beign really popular in this ASRock Z68 board and they are Next-gen PCI-E 3.0 Support, XFast LAN Technology, ASRock XFast USB Technology, Graphical UEFI and SLI and CrossfireX Support. This is all for getting the better graphics and lan connection. while almost similar kind of features also presents in the other ASRock LGA1155/Z68 motherboard. but still people found few bugs on it. hence that comes up in the review format.

As per customer reviews this Asrock z68 also contains few bugs and they are as Driver disc has bloatware which is unbelievable. Also it comes up with the floppy controller that does not work in UEFI mode. Hence i think every motherboard has been contains few bugs. we need to detect it and try to avoid it. Its well for the system.

Three years ago when i purchased my asus striker ii extreme, i never got any problem in initial time. now it gives problem for overclocking and few times , it gives problem for connectivity with the SATA port. only 4 closest to the board that's not so good. I never use the other motherboard but after looking some design, yes this z86 is might be good for user.

i love my ASRock Z68 motherboard and found that this motherboard is being works well with the 2560x1440 Resolution and my Geforce GTX 580 graphics card. I used it for playing the video games and watching online videos. Its well for me. I think, you can also get good result on it, if you used for video configurations. Its well for you to use the graphics card with this motherboard.

Yesterday, I check difference between the Z68 Extreme3 and the Extreme4, and get it. Extreme4 has 2 more SATA 3 ports, a internal USB 3.0 header, Display port and Fire-wire ports on the back, which is not in the Extreme 3. Hence in this Z68, there will be multiple choice presents to get the desired features on this type of motherboard.

Yes, there is no such kind of difference presents on the Asus Maximus IV Extreme-z motherboard. Its well for we to get the same kind of motherboard with different features. ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z is only comes with the single board while the ASROck Z68 is an series of the motherboard that works great for choice prospective.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    Yes, there is no such kind of difference presents on the Asus Maximus IV Extreme-z motherboard. Its well for we to get the same kind of motherboard with different features. ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z is only comes with the single board while the ASROck Z68 is an series of the motherboard that works great for choice prospective.
    I personally like the Asus brand, but I also really like the EVGA brand. Both are useful for there own purpose. Main thing about this ASRock Z68 is it provides 3 PCI expansion slot. So, we can add or insert the video card, sound card and other lan card on it which is might be not possible in other motherboard. hence i also think that this is best for us.