Thread: Asrock p67 extreme4 (gen3) not booting from dvd drive

Asrock p67 extreme4 (gen3) not booting from dvd drive

Here, i want to boot windows 7 64bit on this Asrock p67 extreme4 (gen3) motherboard and i tried it using the DVD drive. First i try to connect this drive to motherboard and start system. Then i set first boot device as a DVD drive in BIOS. After that saving the CMOS setting of BIOS and restart my computer. All are works good at this time. but later on it gives booting problem with the DVD drive. motherboard not able to boot with the connected DVD drive. I don't know why this happen on my motherboard. I need to fix this problem. How can i do it?? thanks.

Re: Asrock p67 extreme4 (gen3) not booting from dvd drive

In that first situation is check your windows 7 setup installtion CD that used is being works well on other system or not. It will be necessary for you to detect problem is because of CD or not. We know that most of the time it never happen could be chance in rare case. If its correct, then replace such windows 7 installation CD and check result on your system. It fix your problem.

Same problem on my system happen. In that time, optical is connected to Intel SATA ports, and not to the ASMedia SATA ports. Hence it gives detection problem. Then i correct this port connection problem and in output i got correct DVD driver detection with booting process on it. It works and hence i here suggest for check it. May be same thing happen in your case.

You need to here confirm the SATA Mode and the Controller Mode in CMOS setting of the BIOS. Check that SATA mode is for enabled with IDE or AHCI and also confirm with the Controller Mode 0/1 enabled with Compatible or Enhanced. Its necessary for you to get such kind of information for getting more and accurate detection problem in this type of DVD drive connections.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramona19 View Post
    You need to here confirm the SATA Mode and the Controller Mode in CMOS setting of the BIOS. Check that SATA mode is for enabled with IDE or AHCI and also confirm with the Controller Mode 0/1 enabled with Compatible or Enhanced. Its necessary for you to get such kind of information for getting more and accurate detection problem in this type of DVD drive connections.
    I check this setting and found that the SATA mode is being set to the AHCI mode and controller mode 0/1 set to the ENahnced mode. But still get problem on it. What should i do that works to fix this problem? Need some useful descriptions over this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by MashyB View Post
    I check this setting and found that the SATA mode is being set to the AHCI mode and controller mode 0/1 set to the ENahnced mode. But still get problem on it. What should i do that works to fix this problem? Need some useful descriptions over this issue.
    ok, Have you used the SATA mode setting to the IDE during the Hard disk installtion? If not then do it. If you want easiest way for solving your DVD drive detection problem, simply use the bios reset option in CMOS setting. Use it and reset your BIOS. It works for you to fix your DVD drive detection problem. Hence try this and check result.

If you found problem booting with DVD drive why not you used USB external drive for booting purpose. There is possibility to boot or install windows OS with using the USB drive. Hence i suggest for you to simply use USB drive. FOr this process, set the USB booting option to enabled state. It works and in result, you found suitable output on your motherboard.