Thread: Unable to boot windows 7 on Asus Sabertooth X58

Unable to boot windows 7 on Asus Sabertooth X58

Hi, I have a Asus Sabertooth X58 motherboard with an 12gb DDR3 Corsair vengeance ram, Nvida GTX260 GPU, and a Corsair H80 cpu cooler. Now i got problem on this motherboard, when i try to boot it with windows 7 64bit OS. 3 times, it restart itself. For solving this booting problem, i simply apply booting with different ram, bios update and many other basic solution, but all goes failed. I need some help that surely fix this booting problem. Thanks for any help.

Re: Unable to boot windows 7 on Asus Sabertooth X58

I think its an a hardware detection/BIOS configuration problem. Reason is simple. Your system restart three times. Most of cases, such happen becasue motherboard not detects the hard disk and hence it restart several times. In that case, you can confirm SATA drive connection. its well for you to check this connection and if possible then fix this connection problem.

If problem is related to the SATA drive connection problem, do suggested process. First locate the mothboard sata port. if you used SATA 3 port for connection with Hard disk and enabled AHCI in BIOS, configure your BIOS. During this BIOS configurations, use the sata 3 screen to detect the drive. Its well for solving your drive detection problem.

You can also disable this AHCI option in BIOS. Once you have the operating system installed on your system, no need to enable AHCI for long time. If you enable it for long time, it might be corrupt the OS. Hence go to CMOS setting of the BIOS and disable this option. It fix your drive detection problem. Then you can solved this windows 7 booting problem.

Same problem on my system. Then i simply Set the BIOS to IDE FIRST. If you have an OS installed under IDE, definitely you need to just set this IDE mode first. Hence, set the first boot device to the hard disk and use IDE port for this connection. It works to boot windows 7 on this motherboard and fix your booting problem.

Simply replace the Power connector to the SSD. And also try a different SATA port and cable. Do this if your motherboard not able to detect the SSD drive for booting purpose. If you think about clean install windows 7, then at that time it change to AHCI mode. WHich is also helpful for you to fix the detection problem and solve your booting issue.